Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:16:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Can Anyone Please Identify The Band And Song From This Description?

Started by Catalogue Trousers, August 11, 2022, 10:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

Okay, so somewhere in the ealry-mid 1990s I buy a single in a local second-hand record shop on the basis of its cover art - a photoshopped image of John Major with a big grin, in a flak jacket, brandishing a honking great machine gun.

The song opens, IIRC, with samples from, of all things, The Terminator and Hughie Green ("There's a storm coming...' 'For God's sake, Britain - wake up!' The bass line is carried by keyboards.

I can't remember the lyrics in detail, but there's a bridge which contains the couplet 'One law for you, one law for me/And I'm swimmin' in the God-damned sea'. And I can even remember the title. I'm pretty sure that it's What's Going On?

However, trying to search online for it brings up endless references to the Marvin Gaye song of that name, but not this one.

I really liked this song. Can anyone please let me know what the title and band were? Many thanks!

Goldentony

what did it sound like? its a confusing mix of d-beat hardcore and euro house so far

non capisco

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ It would be quite funny if CT (as close friends in reverse get to call him) were to post now with " Nah, that's not it."

Catalogue Trousers

Catalogue Trousers

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 12, 2022, 09:32:42 AM^ It would be quite funny if CT (as close friends in reverse get to call him) were to post now with " Nah, that's not it."

Yeah, I guess it would - however, non capisco is clearly a smartarse.