Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dorian out of The Long Blondes

Started by Custard, August 12, 2022, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

They'd just reformed, but some serious allegations of rape and abuse have come to light from his ex partner

https://www.clashmusic.com/news/dorian-cox-accused-of-sexual-abuse/

There's a pretty horrible accusation that Kate Jackson, the singer, knew all about it, but "chose to take no action"

They've cancelled the tour, and he's denying it.

PlanktonSideburns

Custard

Apparently the alleged victim's mum contacted Kate Jackson to let her know and to warn her, and Jackson said she was harassing her and ignored it.

They tried to go on with the tour, but venues started pulling out. Dorian Cox's book was printed up ready to go too, and the publisher has cancelled it and had the book pulped

PaulTMA

from another forum I read:

Quotethe maddest thing is that the cunt changed his Facebook profile picture to a cheeky group pic with Jimmy Savile when the reports were confirmed in 2014
all for a laff innit

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 12, 2022, 08:49:43 AMWhat's going on there

Just like to point out this was a really clever joke, completely scuppered by the fact that the long blondes and four non blondes are not in fact the same act

Fucks sake

jobotic

You fool. Four Non Blondes doesn't sound anything like The Longpigs

PlanktonSideburns

Honestly came home from work today expecting a mention in the guffaw thread for this

What a shit show

Famous Mortimer

Ah fuck

I paid ten grand for "readyforthelongblondes.com" last week

buttgammon

In the company of women - that's when I'd start to worry about him.

Ferris

He seemed alright and made a decent cup of tea. Just goes to show.

sutin

I loved The Long Blondes. Their first album was the soundtrack to the happiest years of my youth (2006-2008). Fuck, what a cunt.

boki

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 12, 2022, 12:59:59 PMJust like to point out this was a really clever joke, completely scuppered by the fact that the long blondes and four non blondes are not in fact the same act

Fucks sake
And to think that
Spoiler alert
Nonce And Never Again
[close]
was right there.

Chicory

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What about Kate Jackson's behaviour? She's certainly been no "angel"* in all this!  ( like" Charlie's Angels". Her namesake actress played Sabrina in the original series)

Jockice

Quote from: PaulTMA on August 12, 2022, 11:14:10 AMfrom another forum I read:

That picture's been used twice. Once in 2012 and again in 2014. I am Facebook friends with him but only know him very vaguely. I think I've met him maybe twice (briefly) and knew nothing about this - or indeed about his personal life - till I read it here.

He's put a couple of short statements about it on his page, the first saying it's now a legal matter and the second denying it. Not sure what to think here. Innocent until proven guilty I should imagine.

Was never really a fan of their music (quite like the one that sounds like Caledonian Road by The Shop Assistants though) and have no exciting Sheffield scene anecdotes I'm afraid. Except that the original drummer used to work as a civil servant in the same department as a mate of mine. And his real name isn't Screech Louder.