Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anticon

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 12, 2022, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Anyone remember those Anticon guys with their backpacks and crazy voices? I really liked some of the stuff. cLOUDEAD were great and Why? made one of my favourite songs of the last 20 years. I also liked how they went on to collaborate with other people i liked, such as Hood and The Notwist. Some of the stuff could be unsufferably wacky at times, saw one act (and can't remember who it was now, think it was Doseone) and it was just really irritating. Started buying lots of their stuff when we had an ace record shop in Manchester that stocked loads of this stuff, alongside associated acts on labels like Lex and Morr.

Also, at one ATP, I woke up to find Yoni Wolf in my chalet as my friend had shagged him on the beach and brought him back for breakfast.

dontpaintyourteeth

Way back in 2004 I bought this excellent compilation from Imperial (RIP) in Bristol that I was obsessed with for a while

https://www.discogs.com/release/321971-Various-Anticon-Label-Sampler-1999-2004

But I never really went much further besides uhhh I had a Sage Francis album definitely... hmm. Can't remember what else.

lazyhour

Big fan of the Themselves album, called "Them". It's a collaboration between Doseone and Jel, I believe.