Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Fripp and Toyah Willcox cover "Enter Sandman",with assets on full display

Started by willbo, August 13, 2022, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

She's had poor old robert playing Slipknot and Crazy Train recently. She'll have him playing in E minor next

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on August 13, 2022, 06:10:52 PM18 months ago.

Just sayin'

Yeah, she's been getting them out for months.  For a time some joker was even reposting them on xhamster with lewd titles, although I think they've been deleted now.

idunnosomename

i think toyah chilled robert out a fair bit so he was like not arsed mate put KC on streaming all for it now

he's a very lucky man

that kitchen

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Glebe

Yeah, very strange. Toyah is very nostalgic to me, her early album covers are particularly evocative and hauntological.

Pauline Walnuts

People bought my Greatest hits
Cos they liked my latest* tits
Everyone trying hard
To get inside my leotard

*possibly Latex, but I've always heard "Greatest hits" on the first line and "Latest"

Semi fake edit, it is Latex. :GrumpyFace:

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on August 13, 2022, 06:10:52 PM18 months ago.

Just sayin'

Sorry I came over (Huh-huh) all hipster there, but I didn't to admit on a public forum that'd I'd been choking my chicken over that for over a year. I mean, just image the social disgrace.

dontpaintyourteeth

daf

The pop world responds :

Jimmy Young is all in favour -

But someone else has the right hump -

and Dozy Dave Dee must surely be taking the Mick (and Titch) -

Glebe

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on August 14, 2022, 12:41:30 PMFuck me, they're still at it.

Things you dad is doing etc.

"Look son, I'm like Slipknot! Dunno who this 'Toyah' bird is though, WAY before my time!"

Quote from: Glebe on August 14, 2022, 03:11:39 PM"Look son, I'm like Slipknot! Dunno who this 'Toyah' bird is though, WAY before my time!"

Your dad has recruited punters from open mic night to hang around the kitchen with the promise 'There'll be costumes! Oh, and there's a crate of my son's beers in the garage!".

Glebe

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on August 14, 2022, 03:17:04 PMYour dad has recruited punters from open mic night to hang around the kitchen with the promise 'There'll be costumes! Oh, and there's a crate of my son's beers in the garage!".

"Still never heard of Toyah Wilcox, 'I Want to Be Free' was not my favourite song in my late '20s, WAY before my time! Slipknot rocks!"

willbo

dontpaintyourteeth

I suppose some selfish part of me wishes Mr Fripp was writing new bits for a Crimson album, but who am I to judge if he wants to have a daft laugh with his wife and that.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

In the interests of equality Fripp should be showing his tits off too.

Critcho

It's satisfying as someone who spent many an hour trying and failing to play Fracture as a youth to see old Fripp hitting bum notes on some of the boneheaded pop rock classics they tackle. Human after all!

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 14, 2022, 05:04:40 PMIn the interests of equality Fripp should be showing his tits off too.

How about Toyah playing a guitar as well?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Critcho on August 14, 2022, 05:59:35 PMIt's satisfying as someone who spent many an hour trying and failing to play Fracture as a youth to see old Fripp hitting bum notes on some of the boneheaded pop rock classics they tackle. Human after all!

He's not one of the (irritating) guitarists who can play anything, he's obviously  got his own style(s) and he's good at that, but he'd never make a great pub covers band guitarist and they've added another guitarist for some of the songs

Just check out this pair of guitarists:

sevendaughters