Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PAXIT [merged]

Started by Norton Canes, August 16, 2022, 01:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

DID YOU THREATEN TO OVERRULE HIM

Attila

I was just looking through a Twitter thread on this, and some of the suggestions for his replacement...no, no, and no.

Stephen Toast, sure. Victoria Coren -- good God, no.

Norton Canes

Ralf Rangnick as interim host

Mobbd

The Dark Destroyer

Mobbd

In all seriousness, I've wondered for some time what Paxo's plan would be concerning UC. Either he'd ride it out until the end of the BBC or do the right thing and regenerate into Reeta Chakrabarti.

Twit 2

Who gonna replace Paxo now the reaper's leaning in? Sandi Toksvig? Ron?

Glebe

Gurke and Hare

Gravy? He's not called Jeremy Bistman is he?

Kankurette

Sam Allardyce leaves the thread, not disappointed.

Twit 2

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 16, 2022, 05:12:08 PMGravy? He's not called Jeremy Bistman is he?

Oh fuck I've confused stuffing and gravy again.

dontpaintyourteeth

shoulders

jamiefairlie

Can't believe he did UC for longer than Bambi

Glebe

Shaky

Jittlebags

The obvious candidate is Dappy from N'Dubz.

beanheadmcginty

The show was never the same after Gascoigne stopped presenting it. So my suggestion is Gascoigne. Obviously Bamber's dead now, so the only logical choice is Paul.

kalowski

"Lovely Linda Lusardi. Not much up top but then who wants to shag Bamber Gascoigne? Not even Mrs Gascoigne."

Ferris

Hell yes he's tough enuss.

dontpaintyourteeth

did you threaten to overrule him?

Ferris

Hell yes he's tough enuss

dontpaintyourteeth

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm glad he's decided to stop doing it, the Parkinson's was making him get words wrong all the time. If he'd carried on for another couple of years he'd have ended up like Patrick Moore on The Sky At Night, who towards the end of his life spoke a garbled incomprehensible mess.

Sebastian Cobb

Samira Ahmed seems pissed off it might not be her:
QuoteI think you should all know: I approached University Challenge myself months ago. I've had an amazing time rehearsing & being a standby presenter for it this year. I've loved working with the fab team who seem to love me & just narrated a UC documentary that's going out on BBC2.

And I've loved helping set a few questions for this series too.
But no one from the BBC has spoken to me yet about taking over. I've always been happy to go through an honest fair process and be judged on my merits.

I still am.

The production team & I hope the BBC know exactly why I would love to present UC and why I think I'm the right person. I also got the encouragement of the lovely Bamber Gascoigne who gave me  his advice some years ago on what it needed. That's what I wanted you all to know.

https://twitter.com/SamiraAhmedUK/status/1559519045380198400

Sebastian Cobb

Seemed like the other thread intended to speculate who's next but it looks like Samira Ahmed wants the job/is a bit miffed she hasn't been given it.

QuoteI think you should all know: I approached University Challenge myself months ago. I've had an amazing time rehearsing & being a standby presenter for it this year. I've loved working with the fab team who seem to love me & just narrated a UC documentary that's going out on BBC2.

And I've loved helping set a few questions for this series too.
But no one from the BBC has spoken to me yet about taking over. I've always been happy to go through an honest fair process and be judged on my merits.

I still am.

The production team & I hope the BBC know exactly why I would love to present UC and why I think I'm the right person. I also got the encouragement of the lovely Bamber Gascoigne who gave me  his advice some years ago on what it needed. That's what I wanted you all to know.

https://twitter.com/SamiraAhmedUK/status/1559519045380198400

shoulders

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Corbyn doesn't do anything now, does he?