Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:26:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PAXIT [merged]

Started by Norton Canes, August 16, 2022, 01:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Get Griff Rhys Jones to reprise the role of Bambi from The Young Ones.

shiftwork2

QuoteBut no one from the BBC has spoken to me yet about taking over.

This bit makes NHS manoeuvring and entitlement appear quite mild.

dontpaintyourteeth

fuck sake

i have convinced myself this is a good bit

did you threaten to overrule him

Quote from: Kankurette on August 16, 2022, 08:15:57 PMSam Allardyce leaves the thread, not disappointed.

"Play your cards right and I'll show the pair of you why they call me Big Sam."

Cuellar

Norton Canes

Difficult one to call, because the successful candidate needs to be someone with a distinctive personality (sorry, Samira) but not so much that it detracts from the personalities of the contestants, which is a big reason why people watch UC these days. Most of the TV journos I've seen mentioned are far too dull. Got a feeling they might go for one of the better-known academic show presenters instead - Alice Roberts, or if they want a sexy redhead like Bamber Gascoigne, Kate Williams?

Fr.Bigley

Richard Osman's Halls of Games.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 18, 2022, 09:42:42 AMRichard Osman's Halls of Games.
No, but they could get Ben Miller to present it and Osman could be his assistant.

Norton Canes

It's...

Spoiler alert
Amol Rajan
[close]

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 18, 2022, 08:09:14 AMThis bit makes NHS manoeuvring and entitlement appear quite mild.

It reminds me of the thick of it line "Otherwise our front page is going to be an interview with Janet Street Porter on why she hasn't been asked to be Prime Minister and a giant fucking Sudoku.".

Norton Canes

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 17, 2022, 08:24:42 PMI'm glad he's decided to stop doing it, the Parkinson's was making him get words wrong all the time.
The guy reading Chemistry at Keble shouting "Come on!" at him was a low point.

Twit 2

McDead

Literally anyone else would have been better.

Twit 2

His welcome and spiky comments on the Royals aside, he is the blandest, most centrist establishment stooge you could hope for. Only programme I want to see him in is where he's fucking goats to death in a quarry.

Ferris

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on August 18, 2022, 08:13:45 AMfuck sake

i have convinced myself this is a good bit

did you threaten to overrule him

Hell yes he's tough enuss

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 18, 2022, 01:20:06 PMHis welcome and spiky comments on the Royals aside, he is the blandest, most centrist establishment stooge you could hope for.
We want a real firebrand hosting our quiz shows!

Twit 2

Precisely. At least Paxo had some heft behind the sneer. Rajan will be all Anne Robinson smirks and winking.

Sebastian Cobb

Surprised to see Rajan be the presenter given as a guest he should've risen to the level of his incompetence.
https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/1560266092454371328

Cuellar

Yeah well I'd like to see Paxman answer any of the questions he harangues the clinically depressed debt-addled gremlins with.

Twit 2

Quote from: Cuellar on August 18, 2022, 04:26:40 PMYeah well I'd like to see Paxman answer any of the questions he harangues the clinically depressed debt-addled gremlins with.

Tbf he knows his stuff and could answer a lot of them.

colacentral

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 18, 2022, 10:35:57 AMIt's...

Spoiler alert
Amol Rajan
[close]

I was going to suggest one of the cunt "critics" off Master Chef as a joke too. Can't believe they actually went and did it.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 18, 2022, 01:20:06 PMHis welcome and spiky comments on the Royals aside, he is the blandest, most centrist establishment stooge you could hope for. Only programme I want to see him in is where he's fucking goats to death in a quarry.
is he not the one that chose to rebroadcast the Rivers of Blood speech?

gilbertharding

Well, this appointment seems to have united the nation in a way no-one else could possibly have. From transparent racists convinced he's just there to fulfil a quota, to lefties who know that it's Lebedev who's pulling the strings somehow, no-one seems happy. Me - I can't stand him because he's a mumbling, bumtious thickie (who somehow got into Cambridge - but come on).

Seriously, I first heard of this prick one week when he was sitting in for Simon Mayo on Radio 2 Drive Time, where I was convinced I was listening to Rhys Thomas's Gary Bellamy, until he said his name. In a  just world, that would be his level.

Nah - Samira Ahmed should have got the job. This convinced me:

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Pink Gregory on August 18, 2022, 07:49:32 PMis he not the one that chose to rebroadcast the Rivers of Blood speech?
Yup.