Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Darius from "Popstars" has died

Started by willbo, August 16, 2022, 05:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

just read it on msn news, at 42, cause not known

as weird as it sounds, I found him a bit inspirational as a teen. I remember in his first episode, he stood in front of the judges/managers and told them, in a firm voice, that "I will have a platinum (or did he say triple platinum?) album before I'm thirty".

it was kind of cheesy and deluded in a way, but he sounded so serious and dedicated, that scene always stayed with me and I felt kind of pumped up by his self belief.

after being rejected from Popstars in 2001, he became a Pop Idol finalist in 2002, and eventually did get a UK Platinum album in 2004's "Dive in", which I really liked the singles from, though I never heard the rest or bought it

after his 2nd album did worse, seems he continued a good career in stage musicals.

willbo

woops, didn't see there was already a thread

Check out this dunce, expecting a singer's death thread to be in the music sub-forum.

sevendaughters

feel strange about this. my first ever gig, which was backing up my mate on electric guitar, involved a no-irony cover of Colourblind. DD invented being a twat on reality music telly but then didn't realise you can double down on in and coin it forever, instead deciding to just revert to being an alright guy instead. rip big man.