Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:50:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Watching Breaking Bad For The First Time

Started by Dr Rock, August 18, 2022, 12:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Is what I'm doing. Anyone else who for whatever reason never saw it, come with me on a journey of discovery. It's very good, unsurprisingly.

If you've seen it, no spoilers please, I only know the basics. Currently up to Season 1, episode 7.

Mister Six

Can't wait to see your reaction when the aliens appear.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

You'll never guess what happens when Walt finds a copy of the 1987 Michael Jackson album Bad.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 18, 2022, 12:37:08 PMIs what I'm doing. Anyone else who for whatever reason never saw it, come with me on a journey of discovery. It's very good, unsurprisingly.

If you've seen it, no spoilers please, I only know the basics. Currently up to Season 1, episode 7.

If you like Season 1, your head will asplode once it properly gets going.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Mister Six on August 18, 2022, 12:55:08 PMCan't wait to see your reaction when the aliens appear.

Pretty cool when that dalek busts Walt out of prison

non capisco

Loses it when that one dimensional Saul character arrives.

Bennett Brauer

I stupidly resisted it for ages. It's mostly brilliant and still has the best opening episode of any drama I've seen.

madhair60

kalowski

Goes downhill when they start dubbing the audience laugh track in.

Armed Traffic Warden

Quote from: kalowski on August 19, 2022, 07:42:36 AMGoes downhill when they start dubbing the audience laugh track in.

Here we go. It's not fake laughter. Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean others don't. Just cos you can't fly doesn't mean Batman can't.

SweetPomPom

The one where Walter and Jesse go down hill in the bath tub to impress Skylar and Nora is pure filler.

kalowski

Quote from: Armed Traffic Warden on August 19, 2022, 08:17:38 AMHere we go. It's not fake laughter. Just because you don't find something funny doesn't mean others don't. Just cos you can't fly doesn't mean Batman can't.
Come on, are telling me anyone actually laughed at that scene where Jesse goes down the stairs on rollerskates?

Armed Traffic Warden

Quote from: kalowski on August 19, 2022, 08:33:30 AMCome on, are telling me anyone actually laughed at that scene where Jesse goes down the stairs on rollerskates?

As a matter of fact, my Great Uncle Bodkin laughed so hard he's now my late Great Uncle Bodkin.

And you're telling me you didn't laugh at the scene where Walter White is told to put on the disguise in the closet and accidentally puts on the bear costume from the Goldilocks pantomime (touring from England)? The look on Fring's face when he realises he has to claim a bear is his cook, is better than Trigger falling through any bar or any Del Boy falling onto a priceless chandelier.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: SweetPomPom on August 19, 2022, 08:19:26 AMThe one where Walter and Jesse go down hill in the bath tub to impress Skylar and Nora is pure filler.

It was. But once that bathtub fell through the ceiling it was the logical next step.

JamesTC

I like the episode with the pie eating contest.

Joe Qunt

That part when Walt does a huge massive cum in his pants and has to clean himself up before Gus arrives is fine. Not arsed about the rest of it.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 18, 2022, 12:37:08 PMIs what I'm doing. Anyone else who for whatever reason never saw it, come with me on a journey of discovery. It's very good, unsurprisingly.

I'm doing this too, started during the last season of BCS. I'm early in season 2, tis very good so far. BCS has spoiled me on the fates of a few characters, but knowing roughly what happens in the end doesn't seem to diminish the journey. Excited for Saul to make an appearance (soon?). Doing a lot of Leonardo Di Caprio pointing at TV meme-ing so far for things I recognise from BCS.

kalowski

Remember when Walter celebrates getting one over the cartel:

kalowski

Seriously though, it's a brilliant TV show and as I said on the BCS thread, can't wait until my son is old enough to watch it and I'll binge both series again.

Dr Rock

Halfway through Season 4 now. Loved the crossover with Rentaghost. Proper opininonins once I knock the bastard off.

Gulftastic

My favourite arc was when Walter had to pretend to be his own twin sister and then be on two dates at the same time.

kalowski

Quote from: Gulftastic on August 20, 2022, 07:26:19 PMMy favourite arc was when Walter had to pretend to be his own twin sister and then be on two dates at the same time.
Ah, yes, the second phone!

badaids

My favorite episode was when the vicar and his boss came over for dinner and his trousers fell down just as they arrived, and then he fell through the bar.

Breaking Bad does suffer though in the way a lot of these series do.  The premise works brilliantly for the first series and then is stretched to breaking point before its discarded.

kalowski

That theme song:

Me and him,
Him and me,
Livin' in,
Alberqueque
Livin' it up with my friends in a magical city
Using our grey matter to make the deal
Fighting for a chance to keep things real...

JamesTC

The time machine was stretching it, a little.

Mister Six

Thought it was a bit much when Jesse bummed that dog.

kalowski

Dr Rock

Quote from: JamesTC on August 19, 2022, 10:26:51 AMI like the episode with the pie eating contest.

I assumed this was a joke.

64 hours later (maybe that figure is with ads I dunno), all finished, yup one of the best shows ever made. Best season? Four? Great last episode, watched that one twice.

Now onto Better Call Saul.

Mister Six

Better Call Saul is even better, somehow.

I only realised last night (finally catching up on season 6) that probably the best order to watch them is as follows:

• Better Call Saul seasons 1-5
  • Better Call Saul season 6 (episodes 1-9 inclusive)
  • Breaking Bad seasons 1-5
  • El Camino
  • Better Call Saul season 6 (episodes 10-13 inclusive)

...for anyone who hasn't seen any of it.

badaids

I started rewatching this after finishing BCS.

Cranston is just great in it, but Jesse is so annoying. Done know if I can carry on watching and tolerating it.