Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Traitors

Started by Utter Shit, December 13, 2022, 06:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 20, 2023, 11:54:22 PMUK one is still regular folk. US one is going full former reality stars. However, five of the rumoured names are some of the best and most memorable Survivor and Big Brother US players ever, so they should make it interesting at least, even if the rest are Bravo people.

I'm relieved about the UK version, and to be honest I think the US version is is by far the weakest so in response I have far less expectation.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 20, 2023, 11:57:33 PMI'm relieved about the UK version, and to be honest I think the US version is is by far the weakest so in response I have far less expectation.

Yeah I'd agree with that. The appeal of the US one to me now is these mad reality crossovers. As someone who watches Survivor (and used to watch BBUS), it's fun to think of Sandra Diaz-Twine and Dan Gheesling on the same show.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 21, 2023, 12:00:16 AMYeah I'd agree with that. The appeal of the US one to me now is these mad reality crossovers. As someone who watches Survivor (and used to watch BBUS), it's fun to think of Sandra Diaz-Twine and Dan Gheesling on the same show.

You're a proper US TV guy! You would get on with a colleague of mine who writes on American TV and devotedly watches both of those shows. It's not something I can commit to as I just add up the hours I could be spending watching films. But I do understand it as I have been addicted to BB and the US Survivor many years ago.

I will probably bone up a bit on the contestants before I watch the US Traitors as long as I can avoid spoilers.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 21, 2023, 12:04:43 AMYou're a proper US TV guy! You would get on with a colleague of mine who writes on American TV and devotedly watches both of those shows. It's not something I can commit to as I just add up the hours I could be spending watching films. But I do understand it as I have been addicted to BB and the US Survivor many years ago.

I will probably bone up a bit on the contestants before I watch the US Traitors as long as I can avoid spoilers.

Yeah, I run the website InsideSurvivor.com and have been doing cast spoilers for that show for years now.

In absolutely baffling news, John Bercow is rumoured to be on the new season of The Traitors US!

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 21, 2023, 02:49:54 PMYeah, I run the website InsideSurvivor.com and have been doing cast spoilers for that show for years now.

In absolutely baffling news, John Bercow is rumoured to be on the new season of The Traitors US!

Well small world - I've been to that site more than once and assumed it was run by Americans, which I am perhas wrongly assuming you are not?

Bercow? Really? Weird. He must be doing the circuits out there where disgraced politicians are viewed quite differently to the UK.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 21, 2023, 03:18:49 PMWell small world - I've been to that site more than once and assumed it was run by Americans, which I am perhas wrongly assuming you are not?

Yeah I'm from Hull, haha. My journey into being the Survivor spoiler guy took me by surprise as well tbh.

Peacock has confirmed the cast now:

https://x.com/sharontharp/status/1704873211324748084?s=46&t=QFrR2AmtZcsEF3PuCSh7eA

timbis

I too was surprised when I realised a while ago who you were. I used to follow everything Survivor. I still do to a certain extent but I think I'm about a season and a half behind. I think AUS Survivor kinda ruined the US one for me. Probably too long but at least you get to know the people. I just feel that I don't care about anyone in US Survivor. Seemingly this series is going to be longer episodes so hopefully that fixes that.

As for The Traitors they've picked two absolute legends. They're both probably past their best on this kind of show though. Sandra just seems to show up for a paycheck and Parvati seems to have lost that edge.

Minami Minegishi

Just a head's up that Traitors Canada is oot and aboot and available for resourceful folks to watch.

I'm just diving into episode 1 now.....surely these Canadians will be lovely and polite and will just want to help each other rather than murder...? (WINK LOLZ)

Minami Minegishi

OK, so if you are thinking of wathing this I would recommend just downloading the first couple of episodes as you may well bail on this, like me. It's incredible really, that such a tried and tested format that has worked in every country should be fucked up by the Canadian producers.

No initial headfuck task at the start, a VERY annoying presenter, no long scenes with contestants discussing tactics in the garden. It's all fast fast editing and recaps, and breaks, and recaps, and 'what's going to happen', and then straight to camera interviews. The tone is off, the tasks are boring and you literally do not get to learn about any of them, beyond their interview soundbites.

It's actually surreal how far they have strayed from everything that works about the previous series' who basically did the tried and tested heavy lifting to show how good the format can be.

Queen Peach

that's really disappointing. is the UK one returning? anyone watched AU series 2?

Snrub

Quote from: Queen Peach on November 14, 2023, 11:52:26 PMthat's really disappointing. is the UK one returning? anyone watched AU series 2?

Series 2 of the UK one has been filmed and is probably going to start just before Christmas - I've heard may even run over Christmas - but will be sooner rather than later. Series 3 has been commissioned already as well

Queen Peach

yaaassss, hope it becomes a tradition

Deano

Quote from: Queen Peach on November 14, 2023, 11:52:26 PMthat's really disappointing. is the UK one returning? anyone watched AU series 2?
AU2 may be the most frustrating season of reality TV I've ever seen. Which isn't to say it's not good, it's probably got one of the strongest and most cohesive storylines of any season, but it will absolutely have you yelling "No! Why!?" pretty much every episode.

Minami Minegishi

OK, I have persevered with the Canadian and not only has it improved, but it has some really interesting moments.

Traitors Australia has been CANCELLED. No season 3.

That's a massive shame. It had one of the best seasons of any version of this show.

George Oscar Bluth II

My wife, who adored Traitors UK, forced us to bail on Traitors Australia after half an hour of episode one. Not forgiven her, I genuinely believe the Australians do this kind of thing better than anyone so I assume I missed out majorly.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on November 20, 2023, 10:17:30 PMMy wife, who adored Traitors UK, forced us to bail on Traitors Australia after half an hour of episode one. Not forgiven her, I genuinely believe the Australians do this kind of thing better than anyone so I assume I missed out majorly.

I reckoned you could download these and watch without your wife present and not miss out at all.

Queen Peach

the end of au series 2 was fuckin... hectic

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Queen Peach on December 08, 2023, 12:32:44 AMthe end of au series 2 was fuckin... hectic

Quite brilliant and very satisfying. I can't believe they've axed it!

BTW - Traitors Canada ends up getting very good and has an absolute cracker of a final episode.

Queen Peach

glad to hear that, I'm almost halfway through Canada season 1. new Zealand next. I've got the traitors fever

Minami Minegishi

Just a quick reminder that the UK series 2 starts tonight on BBC1 at 9pm, with episodes 2 and 3 going up on the iPlayer afterwards.

There will also be a post-show thing presented by Ed Gamble which is 90% likely to be shit but may get better as the show progresses.

I assume they won't immediately eject the two people who don't consider themselves likely to win.

Ja'moke

I think it's worth a new thread right?

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on January 03, 2024, 04:54:38 PMI think it's worth a new thread right?

Yes! Very good sir.