Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who would want to own this?

Started by non capisco, December 22, 2023, 02:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

non capisco

Ferris

Fingerless gloves just put this over the top for me.

seepage

tat like this used to turn up on the Four Rooms TV programme. iirc there usually had to be a celebrity connection so Jens & Ulf would have had to glue some of David Beckham's nasal hair to it or something

non capisco

'Doobie doobie do' update : - it appears someone has bought it.

There's gonna be a fan of the Rat Pack in South East London having to seriously feign some delight on Monday morning.

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 23, 2023, 03:19:23 PMScrolling down this page makes me want to cry

https://jimmiemartin.com/product-category/homeware/busts-sculptures/

How could this "Naughty angel" be any naughtier!?!?

Well obviously

Two and a half grand each.

seepage

yes, they've probably stencilled a 31 on the back

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 22, 2023, 03:51:00 PMThose fucking vile characature models of the blue's brothers, or absolutely anything with betty boop

Similarly those incredibly racist-looking jazzmen statuettes that I've seen some people have in their front windows. Genuinely quite appalling.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 22, 2023, 10:02:02 PMI think your right but for a certain type of rich person. Whenever I see something like this furniture online, or expensive houses that look shit, or expensive cars painted gold or silver, it's almost always for people who have come into money in their life time and seem to think this sort of purchase will show their wealth and\or status. Reminds me of a program on channel 4 this year, can't remember the actual name of it, but it concerned a bloke who built 'super houses'. This bloke just built, what looked to me, like a load of fancy bits he had seen in hotels stuck together and decided this constituted a house. That twatty furniture above would have bee right up his street. He had 'made himself' and those who he sold to were the same. People who come from families who have had wealth for a long time tend not to (still some will) give that a moments thought, they already have institutions that they almost always buy anything from, your Sotheby's, Harrod's and Savile Rows for e.g.

See that's what annoys me most if all about people with lots of money, how they waste it on useless shit. In principle I don't mind people having money, it's good to buy useful things, have some luxury, have great experience and have security for the future. Good luck to them, I wish it was me.

I really resent though when it's wasted. In my benevolent fascist dictatorship run by me fantasy ideal world, any purchases would be run through a 'is this really worth it, is it though?' AI system based on my values and would be automatically rejected if the value it brings is not proportionate to the cost.

Kankurette

seepage

I thought my aunt was going to leave me a few hundred quid but instead they bequeathed me an 8 foot faux African wood statue of a couple making very explicit sweet sweet love, which used to take pride of place in their bay window. Managed to take it down the tip and scarper without too much tittering from the staff   

idunnosomename

Quote from: Kankurette on December 23, 2023, 05:07:51 PMWhy is Karl Lagerfeld on a skateboard?
it is actually meant to be Karl Lagerfeld. Its one of dozens of paints of the same model. Not sure if they have permission to use Chanel logo etc. They have stuff like KISS and Spider-Man paints too.

Bentpitch

There's this very shitty NFT quality to them, isn't there. They don't mean anything.

famethrowa

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 22, 2023, 03:51:00 PM

My local hairdressers has these fellas, life size, in their front window. I made some comment about them and they don't even know who they are! Just thought they "looked cool". They don't even know about the cheese whiz; who actually played keyboards on the soundtrack; the crimes of John Landis; what band Cropper and Dunn were in; where the mall chase was filmed..... shameful.

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: thenoise on December 22, 2023, 05:18:08 PMAnything HMV sells other than music and films.
Posters get a partial pass - got to cover up dents in the walls of your shitty student rental with something.
To be fair to HMV, they have an interesting book section and some decent exploding kittens expansion kits

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 22, 2023, 03:51:00 PMabsolutely anything with betty boop
There's a long-running dispute over Betty Boop-related intellectual property, which I think is still unresolved, so for any piece of Boop merchandise there's probably someone who claims it was made illegally or at least thinks they shoul dbe making money from it. Among the questionably-licensed Boop items is an awful, far-right-dogwhistling NFT collection which is how I first became aware of the dispute.

Oh, Nobody

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 22, 2023, 03:51:00 PMThose fucking vile characature models of the blue's brothers, or absolutely anything with betty boop

There's a bar in Doncaster with life-size versions of those Blues boys outside, locked up every night for safety. Until recently there was a shop that seemingly only sold Betty Boop tat and bongs so I guess the answer to "Who are these for?" is "Doncastrians"

Goldentony

HOW DO YA LIKE YA TOINY KARL LAGERFELD MATE

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bentpitch on December 23, 2023, 09:49:38 PMThere's this very shitty NFT quality to them, isn't there. They don't mean anything.
they're also surprisingly unprecise what they're made out of. they say "poly resin stone" which basically means stone dust bound together with synthetic resin. for a couple of grand I'd probably want to know how much it weighs, how durable it is, etc. do wonder what their master mould for the naughty angel is made from.

thenoise

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on December 24, 2023, 12:15:54 AMTo be fair to HMV, they have an interesting book section and some decent exploding kittens expansion kits

I'd forgotten they sell books, fair enough.

dontpaintyourteeth

The HMV near where my ma lives has closed, where am I going to get American sweets / Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in paperback / an action figure of the clown from Spawn now

poodlefaker

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 23, 2023, 03:19:23 PMScrolling down this page makes me want to cry

https://jimmiemartin.com/product-category/homeware/busts-sculptures/

How could this "Naughty angel" be any naughtier!?!?

Well obviously

Two and a half grand each.

lol, I feel we should Rasta-Fy him by 10% or so

poodlefaker

saw this when I went for a piss at my in-laws on Christmas. It's from somewhere called Punk Haus.

seepage

Goldentony

hearing WHO WOULD WANT TO OWN THIS in the style of Johnny Cash's I BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 24, 2023, 09:35:51 PMthey're also surprisingly unprecise what they're made out of. they say "poly resin stone" which basically means stone dust bound together with synthetic resin. for a couple of grand I'd probably want to know how much it weighs, how durable it is, etc. do wonder what their master mould for the naughty angel is made from.

Love the idea of you harassing some techbro with a pair if Deal With It meme glasses on like he's a Saturday boy at B&Q

IS THAT THE WIDTH OR THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THAT STATUE?! I KNOW IT SAYS ITS SUITABLE FOR OUTDOORS, BUT WHAT IP RATING IS IT?? SURELY YOU HAVE A COSHH SHEET AVAILABLE FOR IT SOMEWHERE?

The Bumlord

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on December 23, 2023, 04:42:21 PMSimilarly those incredibly racist-looking jazzmen statuettes that I've seen some people have in their front windows. Genuinely quite appalling.

They used to be in the window of the Blue Note bar in Jersey. Gone, the last time I visited.

Blumf

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 27, 2023, 02:43:54 PM

saw this when I went for a piss at my in-laws on Christmas. It's from somewhere called Punk Haus.

Fucking hell, I'm not sure I resist the urge to vote Tory now.