Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blasphemous [split topic]

Started by Poobum, March 14, 2024, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poobum

Blasphemous. What a game. Love the entire concept and execution, disturbingly beautiful. If getting health upgrades from a woman with half a dozen swords piercing her naked chest is your thing then you're in luck. Platforming is fun with some tricky but fair sections. The parry mechanic is simple but satisfying to master. The save points are exquisitely placed, encouraging tense exploration. It has the perfect balance of being punishing but never cruel. Loved the bosses, though Isidora took around 50 attempts with much tantrums and curses. Seriously though, the parry window was so precise and she has some subtle variants to her attacks that bait you that you just become a twitchy mess. A gripe is the last two bosses, both took two attempts and felt far too easy.

Can't wait to get at Blasphemous 2 though I'm focusing on a few less challenging games for now.

earl_sleek

I'm nearing the end of my first NG+ Blasphemous run (I didn't take any penitences, it's a hard enough game already) in order to get the true ending. I'm now at the point where I'm gonna have to fight Isidora and am dreading it, she was hard enough the first time. Haven't beaten any of the Amanecidas yet either, and I've read Crisanta is much harder in NG+ as well.

It's a fantastic game - last year I played Dark Souls and Hollow Knight for the first time as well as Blasphemous, and it stands up well in comparison to them.

Poobum

Quote from: earl_sleek on March 14, 2024, 05:59:17 PMI'm nearing the end of my first NG+ Blasphemous run (I didn't take any penitences, it's a hard enough game already) in order to get the true ending. I'm now at the point where I'm gonna have to fight Isidora and am dreading it, she was hard enough the first time. Haven't beaten any of the Amanecidas yet either, and I've read Crisanta is much harder in NG+ as well.

It's a fantastic game - last year I played Dark Souls and Hollow Knight for the first time as well as Blasphemous, and it stands up well in comparison to them.

At least there's no Esdras. He was a major hassle but also the kind of fight that makes me appreciate these games. Once I finally realised what I had to do and got in the zone it felt majestic.

Hollow Knight is one I'm looking forward to revisiting. Didn't really get Metroidvainias when I first tried and gave up too easily.