Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How the fuck am I supposed to kill six and a half hours in London next week?

Started by mr. logic, June 10, 2020, 06:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr. logic

I have managed to secure an emergency flight from my place of work and will arrive at Heathrow at 6.10. My train to where I will be staying leaves Heathrow at 1.15. Allowing for airport admin and travel from Heathrow to Euston, that still leaves an ungodly amount of time to fill. Would have been perfect before Covid, bit of a King's Cross pub crawl and some cans for the train. But Christ knows now. As somebody who has not been in England at all during this, will I be able to do anything?

I once spent six hours in Stanstead after a flight was cancelled and any money I could have spent on a mini trip to London had to be spent on a replacement flight that evening. Couldn't even get in as far as the decent shops and restaurants as I couldn't check in.

Ended up buying a book in Smiths for a fiver and reading that whilst I waited.

Nowhere Man

Most shops and places of interest like zoo's an that (no pubs though) will have reopened by next week, but if you're understandably a bit wary of going a wanderin round- I would just recommending bringing a book or two you've been itching to read, and maybe see if you can find a place with some nice greenery and trees? Not to mention a device on which to play some movies or TV shows.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 10, 2020, 09:45:18 AM
Most shops and places of interest like zoo's an that (no pubs though) will have reopened by next week, but if you're understandably a bit wary of going a wanderin round- I would just recommending bringing a book or two you've been itching to read, and maybe see if you can find a place with some nice greenery and trees? Not to mention a device on which to play some movies or TV shows.

Remember to bring a face mask though, as to travel on all public transport legally requires one from Monday.

mrpupkin

If the weather's ok Regents Park is just up the road. Have a nice picnic for once in your life.

Shit Good Nose

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Yeah, or one massive wank. Really eik it out, lots of nearly moments then one massive gusher when you're red raw.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 10, 2020, 03:13:26 PM
Yeah, or one massive wank. Really eik it out, lots of nearly moments then one massive gusher when you're red raw.

Pulling the fixtures and fittings off the walls, being sick in ashtrays etc.  (run of the mill)

dissolute ocelot

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 10, 2020, 03:19:23 PM
Pulling the fixtures and fittings off the walls, being sick in ashtrays etc.  (run of the mill)

Shuffling around the terminal, trousers around your ankles, weeping cock in clenched fist, neck muscles straining. Classic.

flotemysost

Is the main stretch of waiting going to be at Heathrow or Euston - you say your train leaves Heathrow at 1:15 (after arriving at 6:10) so I'm guessing the former?

You could try and get yourself arrested and have a brief spell in the Feltham Young Offenders Institute, which is quite near the airport. Probably not worth trying to make it anywhere too central and back again though, Heathrow's basically in Surrey isn't it?

If I've misunderstood and it's Euston then you've probably got more options, if the weather's decent you could go for a walk along the canal towards Camden (if you don't fancy going into London Zoo you can just look at the bit that you can see from the canal path, think it's the aviary and some hyenas), go to Regents Park or sit on Primrose Hill and look at celebrity twats, and lots of pubs and restaurants around there have started reopening for takeaway pints and food.

Although if you've got lots of luggage that can't be left at the airport then I guess walking very far might be out of the question. Downloading plenty of stuff to watch/listen to/read is probably the most sensible suggestion tbh.

Captain Z

Nowhere Man

shiftwork2

Have you considered sitting in a phone box and rocking backwards and forwards in your own faeces?

ProvanFan

If you're a fit scally lad who loves a kickabout you'll be out there protecting our fucking statues.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 10, 2020, 06:14:10 PM
Have you considered sitting in a phone box and rocking backwards and forwards in your own faeces?

More of a Hull thing

thenoise

Is the peep show opening again in Soho? The socially responsible pervert's entertainment of choice. Safer than a walk up anyway. One of the adult bookshops has wanking booths. Its strictly no funny business though, one to a booth and no mingling.

Dex Sawash