Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New York TV station's helicopter crashes onto Brooklyn rooftop!

Started by Ambient Sheep, May 05, 2004, 01:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Nobody dead, but three people who were on board are in a serious condition.  No ground-based casualties.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/3269249/detail.html (via http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14368.html )

Sorry it's another linky-thread, I don't feel able to quote this one as it has large copyright notices all over it and I do try to be good like that.

fanny splendid

Have you seen film of a similar accident that happened in Hong Kong, I think? The helicopter 'slipped' of the edge of a building.

elderford

No that happened in Metropolis, in Superman the Movie.

You're simply confusing made up things with real life again.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"I believe that the NYPD want to question ccab.
Damn, why didn't *I* think of that!  :-)

Fanny: yes, I know the one you mean, I think.

Regular John

Quote"I could hear boop, boop, boop, like the sound of a motorcycle, but real loud," said Roger Green, who lives about a block from the crash site.

Robot motorcycles from the future maybe.

hotvans

Callers to 911 reported seeing the helicopter "fall from the sky"
as opposed to ?

Regular John

Quote from: "hotvans"Callers to 911 reported seeing the helicopter "fall from the sky"
as opposed to ?

boop, boop, booping along the power lines obviously!!

Doctor Stamen

I love the way that hard bastard gets out of the chopper and just dusts himself down.

And the sound effect from the eye-witness, "BO!".  Do crashing helicopters really go "BO!"?

Alberon

Stunning crash though. The fact that two walked away from it and the third was trapped but with only light injuries is incredible. When the other chopper first starts filming the crashing one it's in a flat dive.

I followed up on the report and I eventually found an audio recording from 1986 of a radio traffic reporter called Jane Dornacker whose helicopter went down live on air. She died and her pilot was seriously injured. Apparently it was the second helicopter crash she had been in in that job. I won't post the link though as it's a little disturbing (to me anyway). If anyone wants it they can find it easily enough.