Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tories EXTREMELY unfunny.

Started by Mr Flunchy, May 09, 2004, 05:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flunchy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3696303.stm

Fucksake.  

More goddamn "look at us we're down with the youth except we're obviously not so this is funny but  knowing this means we are just a little cool" shit.

Marcus Or Relius

That is cringe-inducingly terrible, although he was probably still funnier than the real Ali G.

Bill Oddie

Dunno, I reckon that Hague lad's pretty decent on HIGNFY.

TraceyQ

Aw. It's a shame for him, really.

mr rou-rou

made me laugh, not that I'm some sort of barometer on such things

Sitting next to shadow culture secretary Julie Kirkbride, Mr Duncan is understood to have pulled off a comic coup with remarks about "me Julie".

I miss Spitting Image, at least back then I could put names to albeit hideous rubbery faces.

chand

I'm not gonna slag him off. Surely knowing that he's the second person to do this after Richard Madeley, and that therefore he is less funny and inventive than him, is punishment enough.

Tokyo Sexwhale

I find Boris Johnson amusing, and although he's probably extremely right-wing, I find it difficult to dislike him.

largerthanlife

OK....

Dodgey one this.

I'm a tory. I'm not raceist in any way, or homophobic. And it really annoys me that I have to 'excuse' myself of being a conservative. I don't come from a priviliged background, my parents are poorer than me, but I still agree with the majority of tory policies. I think this guy is a tit. But where are the threads mocking Labour in the same way. Labour does it and we laugh and forget, tories, we get venomous and hatefull.

Please excuse my spelling, I went to state school.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "largerthanlife"I'm a tory. ...I don't come from a priviliged background, my parents are poorer than me, but I still agree with the majority of tory policies.

Which Tory policies?

Marcus Or Relius

Presumably the Tory Policies to agree with Labour that ID Cards should be issued and also that the Iraq War was a really neat idea.

It's great when our two main parties agree on so much, it makes voting in elections even less necessary than it ever was anyway.

largerthanlife

Quote from: "Marcus Or Relius"Presumably the Tory Policies to agree with Labour that ID Cards should be issued and also that the Iraq War was a really neat idea.

It's great when our two main parties agree on so much, it makes voting in elections even less necessary than it ever was anyway.

I disagree with ID cards. I'm in IT and I know they are just as unsafe as passports, driving licences etc. Even if they were 100% secure and safe I would argue against them.  Labour is bringing in a Nanny State.

I think the Iraq war was as nessisary as any war is on taking over a dictator. I'm utterly discusted with the p.o.w. pictures we have seen I would never condone anything of the sort. However anyone who belives this is the only incident of inhumane treatemnt of any prisioner is living in a dream world. Unfortunatly this stuff goes on every day. Do I think its better than Saddam? I don't know. I do know only that under this mockery of a government people can at least 'speak' freely.

I know I'm opening myself up to all sorts of shit. I can't help the way I feel on these matters.

The main point of me posting was to say that people always diss tories, always blame them for everything, and completly gloss over the fucking labourite wankers who do worse!.

Tory is disgraced -> he resigns. Public outcry
Labour disgraced -> he resigns -> is minister again -> resigns -> becomes minister agian. Public think his is a good politian.

I feel I have typed enough at this sitting.

fanny splendid

Blah blah blah...

Typed enough? You haven't said anything.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "largerthanlife"Tory is disgraced -> he resigns. Public outcry
Labour disgraced -> he resigns -> is minister again -> resigns -> becomes minister agian. Public think his is a good politian.

Lord Archer, anyone?

Mr Flunchy

The problem with the Tories at the moment is that Labour have made them obsolete by basically becoming them.  They're being sidelined as they agree with pretty much all of the current Labour policies.

How can you consider yourself a Tory opposed to Labour when Labour pretty much ARE the Tories?

Smackhead Kangaroo

Maybe we should set up Neolabour or Classical labour out of principle for the contrast?

Mr Flunchy

How about

'Golden Age Labour'
or
'Retro-Cool Labour'

largerthanlife

Quote from: "Incredible Monkey Doctor"

Lord Archer, anyone?

Peter Mandelson, anyone?

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "largerthanlife"
Quote from: "Incredible Monkey Doctor"

Lord Archer, anyone?

Peter Mandelson, anyone?

Tea, anyone?

Bogey

Rather!

Sounded good in my head; I can unfortuantely only read it now as "rat her". Troubled, I am.

And now I've noticed that in the above sentence the word "now" could have been inserted in no fewer than nine different places, and still it would have made sense. Isn't the English language glorious?

largerthanlife

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Blah blah blah...

Typed enough? You haven't said anything.

Sorry, you you like me to dictate to you some of our spin and soundbites?. That isn't going to happen.

This argument that Tories are evil sum, and labour are the next best thing. Its cock!. People said the Tories were stupid for speaking their minds, and arguing internaly over issues. Would you rather that or a party who takes orders via pager?. A party who only soeaks soundbites!. People moan about Tories being in for 18 years! Fucking hell. They weren't there for any reason, they were VOTED IN. VOTED buy people who WANTED them in for 18 years.

Labour have adopted many Tory policies, they wouldn't have been elected otherwise. But labour waste so much money on shit. I'm too pissed to continue  this now.

monkhouse terror

Quote from: "largerthanlife"But labour waste so much money on shit.

Like what? Spending money on deprived areas to try and combat poverty and future deprivation, and tax credits for poorer families? Not to mention sexual health policies. Damn evil labour, wasting money on the public. They should spend it on themselves, not on the WC's!

thomasina

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"How about

'Golden Age Labour'
or
'Retro-Cool Labour'

I suggest 'Labour'.  This lot can be 'Labour Lite'.

Anyway, i can honestly say that I hate Tony's government just as much as I hated Major's.  Peter Mandelson is the most ignominious, slippery prick that ever walked the earth and our dear leader is a liar and a dissembler.  So someone saying they vote Tory doesn't really piss me off at all.

largerthanlife

Quote from: "monkhouse terror"
Quote from: "largerthanlife"But labour waste so much money on shit.

Like what? Spending money on deprived areas to try and combat poverty and future deprivation, and tax credits for poorer families? Not to mention sexual health policies. Damn evil labour, wasting money on the public. They should spend it on themselves, not on the WC's!

So you assume a Conservative would say shit when thay mean public services/public health/people in general?. (I presume WC's is working classes? Myself being one of them)

Do you think tories are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of an arny or sexualy disesed people? Odd image, but still.

I want the people of this country and beyond to have the best healt/benifits etc possible. I don't want people who can work to sponge. If an imigrant comes to this country to work, fine, I'd rather someone with work ethics were part of Britian than someone who calls themselfs British but sponges off the dole all day.

chand

Quote from: "largerthanlife"Do you think tories are rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of an arny or sexualy disesed people? Odd image, but still.

There's a difference between that (which is not what anyone said), and actually trying to do something about it. It's not whether the politicians care about sexual health, welfare and so on, it's about whether they're going to do anything about it. Traditionally Tory policy has been to embrace market forces and 'small government' with decreased government spending.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "largerthanlife"(I presume WC's is working classes? Myself being one of them)

Ugh, I hate that term. I hope you doff your cap to your boss, too.

Quote from: "largerthanlife"I want the people of this country and beyond to have the best healt/benifits etc possible.

Yes, but only if they can afford them?

QuoteI don't want people who can work to sponge. ...work ethics...

Blah, blah, blah. The old Tory warhorses. The proud graft of an honest days work, the unpatriotic work-shy, and the n**ger who knows his place.

You're just like the snivelling little people who voted Tory during the eighties. A momentary high before an almighty fall. Yes, yes, you can spend now, but what about the future? You mean you want someone else to organise your pension, and your future for you?

You mean you like the nanny state?

Oh sorry, you can't afford your mortgage? You want relief on the interest payments? You mean you want the state to intervene?
You can't afford your gas bill during the winter? You want extra pension to cover it? You want the state to intervene?
You hurt yourself while toiling through your honest days' work? You want the NHS? You want the state to intervene?
You want to improve your writing skills, but you can't afford a private tutor? You want the state to intervene?

I really can't understand why anyone who likes the capitalist way of doing things stays in England? It's puzzling to me, because there are so many rules and regulations that stop you from achieving your goal.

Of course, I'm lying really. I know why you stay. It's because you know you couldn't make it without the help of others. You just don't have it in you. You just like to pretend.

That's what the Tories do best. Letting the little man pretend he is having his day.

glitch

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"How about

'Golden Age Labour'
or
'Retro-Cool Labour'

If Labour became New Labour, then sticking with the Coke theme:

Labour: Classic?
Lab: Clear?

fanny splendid

Or sugar free, caffeine free, Coke?

Yes, there is no point to it.

largerthanlife

Blah, blah, blah. The old Tory warhorses. The proud graft of an honest days work, the unpatriotic work-shy, and the n**ger who knows his place.

I really hope you aren't suggesting that I am racist.

I'm not quite sure I fully understand you post. I assume by the attack regarding "honest days work" and "the unpatriotic work-shy" you see it as acceptable to have people who can work, doss about? Surely if these people found work then there would be more in the pot for the people who actually needed it.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to lay out  your ideals, so I get a better grasp of the. Please try and keep personal attacks to a minimum.

fanny splendid

These people who you think aren't working to your satisfaction, could never earn enough, and do not claim enough in benefits, to make a difference to your 'pot'. It's not a case of having people 'doss about', but why should they work at all? Especially if there is no advantage to doing so.

Are you just jealous of their freedom?

How can you be largerthanlife, and yet have never have lived?

QuotePlease try and keep personal attacks to a minimum.

Ignoramus.

largerthanlife

Quote from: "fanny splendid"These people who you think aren't working to your satisfaction, could never earn enough, and do not claim enough in benefits, to make a difference to your 'pot'. It's not a case of having people 'doss about', but why should they work at all? Especially if there is no advantage to doing so.

Are you just jealous of their freedom?

How can you be largerthanlife, and yet have never have lived?

QuotePlease try and keep personal attacks to a minimum.

Ignoramus.

Firstly the larger bit is larger as in beer larger. Didn't quite work did it.

Why should people work at all? Maybe thay shouldn't. Why should I bother driving this bus? why should I bother removing tumors. If I don't become a teacher, someone else will. Wont they?

It would be great if we all lived, but did nothing wouldn't it