Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 08:39:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkingtons On Cinema podcast 2: The Sequel

Started by Petey Pate, March 16, 2023, 12:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

QuoteThis past week has seen a flurry of accusations and revelations in the open case of Matt Newman's murder.

HEI Network Host and Founder Tim Heidecker (formerly T. Amato) brought forth a suite of evidence for presentation in his Amato Crime Family Indictment Announcement livestream.

As this call was not heeded by officials, Heidecker took it upon himself to release the documents on his own on the acclaimed HEI News platform.

And just last night we saw a bombshell press conference from the San Bernardino District Attorney Office with shocking new details on the investigation.

We will continue to cover this case as it progresses.

QDRPHNC

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is at least the third time I've said it, but the shift from YouTube to HEI has gone some way to killing the momentum of this show for me (and it seems CaB too). There's the argument to be made that paywalling everything gave them bigger budgets to do things with, but I'm not convinced that bigger budgets have made the show any better, nor that they couldn't have made an equal amount of money via Patron (perhaps making great stuff like the Valentine Special and House of Cards subscriber-only) while keeping the core OC show free to watch on YouTube. More than the money itself though, I just hate that the paywall has made it a fuss to keep up with.

Anyway, Admiral Gorgg just put up his review / commentary / analysis of the most recent Oscar Special, and as always it's pretty good.

Queen Peach

brothlcreeprs

Me and my friends are REALLY enjoying the new ocatc stuff, glad Toni is back and eagerly awaiting the current plot developments (trial 2.0?)- but we are also hoping a bit that after this peak in the characters' budget ends, the show gets pushed to a slightly smaller scale again to change things up

The Mollusk

Haven't watched this in a while so I'm quite behind with the story but me and a friend decided to throw the Oscar special on the other night and see what's up. During the presentation video Tim does with the Dodge Charger my mate pointed out that in closeups of the interior you can see it's used and scuffed in places. Straight after that it goes to Tim showing off what's under the hood and we both burst into hysterics at how dusty the engine etc was.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: brothlcreeprs on May 12, 2024, 08:10:07 PMMe and my friends are REALLY enjoying the new ocatc stuff, glad Toni is back and eagerly awaiting the current plot developments (trial 2.0?)- but we are also hoping a bit that after this peak in the characters' budget ends, the show gets pushed to a slightly smaller scale again to change things up

I've been wishing for this for a while. It always felt like they were able to do so much more with less. Someone suggested these grand-scale productions might be a way of displaying where subscribers' money is being spent, which would be a shame since I reckon most fans would pay the same amount for the kind of output we were getting in the early AdultSwim days.

madhair60

i appreciate there is a timeline in the first post but, being frank, is there a complete On Cinema torrent out there anywhere?

QDRPHNC

QuoteSince the disgraceful exit of the Amato Group this Spring, those at the center of the HEI Network have decided that it is now time to heal..

Please join Host Tim Heidecker and beloved past guest and also Ex-Wife Toni Newman for an educational video on the benefits of couple's massage.

QDRPHNC

"Toni and I have embarked on the expedition of a lifetime, becoming a modern Lewis and Clark of exploring the human body."

QDRPHNC

I get it, and it's real shame the HEI paywall has made the audience (here anyway) drop off so hard, since I think the quality is still great - a different show from what it used to be, but this massage thing was genuinely really good, one part of it bordering on Tim and Eric style absurdity (see spoiler - seriously, NSFW). It brought up a bunch of new plot threads to develop, we learned a lot about Amazon's generous return policy, and by the end of it I was laughing every time Tim went "mm-hmm" from behind the camera. And Joe Estevez doing voiceover duties on a sexy massage video.

NSFW

Spoiler alert

Barry Admin

Please don't embed NWS images behind spoiler tags, as they still load in.  Thanks.

QDRPHNC

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 27, 2024, 06:05:58 PMthis massage thing was genuinely really good

Yes, it really, really, really was good. Funniest thing from the On Cinema universe in ages - and I'm saying that as a fan.

It was absolutely perfect layered jokes - the interview with Tim and Toni which had so many hilarious / gross details (Air Wick... Toni getting sozzled and talking about how Tim keeps changing the password on his phone...), literally juxtaposed with the perfectly judged cheap-softcore massage footage (the guy being just a bit too big and a bit too red)... juxtaposed further with Joe's kindly-uncle voice completely failing to inject eroticism into the script...

Absolutely brilliant. Laughed so much. Really hoping for more divergence in this vein, though not sure how Gregg can be slotted into this kind of content. (Except in my wildest sexy dreams).

Quote from: Pimhole on July 01, 2024, 01:18:14 AM
Spoiler alert
a big egg breakfast
[close]

Incredibly good joke. Yuk.

Big Mclargehuge

Quote from: QDRPHNC on June 27, 2024, 06:05:58 PMI get it, and it's real shame the HEI paywall has made the audience (here anyway) drop off so hard, since I think the quality is still great - a different show from what it used to be, but this massage thing was genuinely really good, one part of it bordering on Tim and Eric style absurdity (see spoiler - seriously, NSFW). It brought up a bunch of new plot threads to develop, we learned a lot about Amazon's generous return policy, and by the end of it I was laughing every time Tim went "mm-hmm" from behind the camera. And Joe Estevez doing voiceover duties on a sexy massage video.

NSFW

Spoiler alert

This year was the first year I decided to not auto renew for an annual subscription...I like the content, but its so sporadic weirdly spaced out and inconsistent (especially in the last year or two) that I figured i'd be better off just paying for a months subscription and an oscar ticket a week or two before the oscar special drops and catching up that way...Its a shame really...

Ferris

Yeah I'm growing to really like the first 5+ seasons, but all this "quasi-monetized HEI shit but it's a joke but also is it haha" has massively put me off.

The fact the content is hit or miss confirms my suspicions while also making me a bit sad about the whole thing

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Queen Peach on July 04, 2024, 08:29:49 AMits over sadly

Disagree with this, the stuff they put out is still great.
However a monthly or annual subscription doesn't fit well when content comes in short bursts, especially this year when the season and Oscar special came at the same time. And since they don't engage with social media they way they used to, the presence/'universe' of the show in between seasons and specials doesn't feel as visible

Tags: