Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 11:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2024

Started by Tiggles, January 17, 2024, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Quote from: Tiggles on June 25, 2024, 07:21:33 PMImo it's really dead good fun. It's not stand-up, but it definitely isn't a story show. It is packed - absolutely rammed - with laughs, meta, clever and funny. 

It also bears repeat experiences (I've been to a few) so you could suggest to your brother-in-law that he goes again anyway, and you get tickets for another date when you can really get stuck in.

Thanks!

imitationleather

What date you going on, coop?

SO I CAN AVOID IT OBVIOUSLY LOL

iamcoop

Quote from: imitationleather on June 26, 2024, 10:16:28 AMWhat date you going on, coop?

SO I CAN AVOID IT OBVIOUSLY LOL

LOL!!!

Saturday the 20th is theoretically the day but new information has come to light which means it be may logistically impossible for us to attend now anyway.

imitationleather

How suspiciously convenient.

DrGreggles

It's a fun and funny show, with Kitson clearly enjoying it loads.

Being apprehensive about getting involved is perfectly understandable, but you'll be in a room full of people feeling exactly the same way. Kitson creates a relaxed vibe from the start and it's more fun to be involved than not*.
And you might get a big laugh, which is a tremendous feeling.

*2nd time I saw an early version there were more punters than parts, so about 30 of us didn't get a script

mjwilson

Saw this in Bolton last night and had a grand old time. Also bumped into the big man on the train platform on the way home and had a bit of a chat.

Tiggles

Bolton #2. My sister giggled so much at her lines she could barely say them.

We kept our scripts as he said he needs to rewrite it with more highbrow references for the London run.

Tremendous fun, very funny. Quintessential Dannyman.

itf

Bit of a shame his note about sales for next week's shows. Not sure how it'd work with a smaller audience than number of parts

Tiggles

He'll just get people to double up on scripts, but it will defo lose some zing. He may - gasp! - have to allow someone to review it to raise its profile. Surely not.

I'm not sure the location of the theatre and the timing of the run to coincide with the start of the school holidays (thinking of Kitson's demographic) is helping sales, particularly at such relatively short notice.

paddy72

Just back from Bolton, great fun. Very funny and meta. 'Secret comedy forums', indeed.

Quote from: Tiggles on July 08, 2024, 09:54:20 PMBolton #2. My sister giggled so much at her lines she could barely say them.

We kept our scripts as he said he needs to rewrite it with more highbrow references for the London run.

Tremendous fun, very funny. Quintessential Dannyman.

Which lines did your sister have?

Spoiler alert
And did the Captain Pisspot thing actually happen in Leeds? I first saw him at Hull Uni in 2003 and went pretty much anytime he played Leeds for the next few years, and I have a memory of something like that happening at one of the shows.
[close]

Anyway, highly recommmneded if you get the chance to see this.

Tiggles

Quote from: paddy72 on July 08, 2024, 10:42:49 PMWhich lines did your sister have?

Spoiler alert
Tits!
[close]

paddy72

Quote from: Tiggles on July 08, 2024, 10:52:06 PM
Spoiler alert
Tits!
[close]

Spoiler alert
No way! We were sat right behind you! She got lucky/unlucky with that line, depending on your point of view.
[close]

Tiggles

Quote from: paddy72 on July 08, 2024, 10:56:00 PM
Spoiler alert
No way! We were sat right behind you! She got lucky/unlucky with that line, depending on your point of view.
[close]

Hahaha! She actually swapped the script with someone else in our group who read the lines and completely bottled it. I was dead envious!

lauraxsynthesis

I look forward to the highbrow material. An email has gone out today promoting it from a big local comedy club where he comperes on Sundays, so that should sell some tickets. I know a few people who had already booked before I mentioned it to them.

Quote from: Tiggles on July 08, 2024, 11:10:36 PMHahaha! She actually swapped the script with someone else in our group who read the lines and completely bottled it. I was dead envious!

Was there as well, best moment of the show!

Was pleased that my line got a healthy laugh

Spoiler alert
My second line starts with 'my second line'
[close]

Probably the most fun non-stand up show I've seen from Kitson, loved all the meta stuff, lots of fan service for the regulars.

Schnapple

Saw this tonight, had a grand old time and thought that he created a sublime vibe. Welcoming enough that everyone felt comfortable, but with enough space for the show to unfold with his usual overblown angst, which I sometimes miss from his 'sad' tours.

I had the final official scripted full line -
Spoiler alert
Go on, Keith!!
[close]
Did a good job with it, having battled nearly an hour of self-antagonising intrusive thoughts about fucking it up or saying something terrible, but by the time it finally rolled around, I was myself in hysterics from the Big Man's
Spoiler alert
"non-speaking parts for the cowardly and foreigners", and the subsequent booing
[close]

Tags: