Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 10:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Strangest bit part by a UK comedian

Started by Twilkes, March 25, 2024, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauraxsynthesis

The strangest in Ridley Scott's Napoleon was Phil Cornwell not speaking as real person Sanson the Executioner at the start of the film. I wish I'd had a chance to ask him about it at the Comic Strip event the other week. Not shown: a bleeding dismembered head.

Glebe

Quote from: Shaxberd on June 23, 2024, 06:46:11 PMAn addition to the list from a film I've just watched: Wilfrid Brambell as a horse-owning rustic in Witchfinder General.

The part isn't written as comedic but he plays it that way anyway, love his schtick but it's quite out of place in an otherwise very grim film.

Were you watching that on the Legend channel Shax? 'Cos it was on there the other night.

Shaxberd

Quote from: Glebe on June 24, 2024, 03:17:46 PMWere you watching that on the Legend channel Shax? 'Cos it was on there the other night.

Ooh, weird coincidence! No, I found it on YouTube. Nothing like spending sunny summer evenings with the curtains drawn watching folk horror :)

Gurke and Hare

Is this Maisie Adam playing the role of "Person making a small claim" in The Sheriffs are Coming at 10:12?

Memorex MP3

Possibly already mentioned and Irish but Risteard Cooper in Batman begins, playing some slob cop iirc

George White

Batman Begins cast a lot of Irish actors in Dublin, though. Hence the appearance of right-wing gobshite Terry McMahon.

Andy147

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 25, 2024, 09:52:47 AMIs this Maisie Adam playing the role of "Person making a small claim" in The Sheriffs are Coming at 10:12?

Wrong eye colour (assuming it's still the same actor for the close-up at 10:14).

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Have Ross Lee and Maisie Adam ever been in the same room together?

George White

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 24, 2024, 12:59:43 PMThe strangest in Ridley Scott's Napoleon was Phil Cornwell not speaking as real person Sanson the Executioner at the start of the film. I wish I'd had a chance to ask him about it at the Comic Strip event the other week. Not shown: a bleeding dismembered head.

Good to see David Bowie finally got another acting role. You never know, he might get his own sitcom on Netflix.

Glebe

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on June 25, 2024, 10:01:23 AMPossibly already mentioned and Irish but Risteard Cooper in Batman begins, playing some slob cop iirc

Oh yeah forgot all about that!

Another one I'm not sure has been mentioned in this thread yet that I forgot all about, Vas Blackwood ("that damned elusive Sha-a-dow!") in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:

It's been a long time since I watched Lock, Stock,  just looking it up I forgot Danny John-Jules was in it and don't think I ever copped before that Victor McGuire of Bread/Goodnight Sweethear fame plays the scouse fella, there's also Rob Brydon as a traffic warden - and Irish boxer Steve Collins!

George White

I had either forgot that Collins was in it, or never knew.
That recent doc about him vs Eubank is a doozy. Even some of it is uncomfortable. Collins saying that Eubank 'isn't English' does show his Northside roots a bit too much, if you know what I mean (that wasn't intended to be a Bruno ref BTW, Harry).

Glebe

Fuck me. He isn't white in other words.

George White

He literally asked him, 'Why don't you consider yourself African?'

Glebe

studpuppet

Incongruous rather than strange, but I discovered recently that Bob Todd and Graham Stark were both in Superman III, and Jim Broadbent was in Superman IV.

Eric Idle popped up in the 80s Transformers movie:

Tags: