Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 12:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lucy Beaumont and Sam Campbell podcast - Perfect Brains

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, April 08, 2024, 12:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Lucy Beaumont was on Kathy Burke's podcast, 'Where There's a Will, There's a Wake' about a month ago, Cambo did the eulogy for her, Richardson was never mentioned.

lauraxsynthesis

As something of a Twink-fancier myself, I congratulate Beaumont on bagging a boy.

FeederFan500

I saw a Meet The Richardsons last week, a new one I think, it was too quick and jittery for me. Why is Tim Lovejoy here? Oh he's gone again thank fuck. It's odd in that each scene is quite slow but there are lots of cuts.

I did read her book on motherhood, which was just ok, she had clearly made up bits to be concept-funny rather than telling the truth in a funny way which was a bit disappointing. There are very few quirky/whimsical people I find funny though tbh.

gilbertharding

Clearly the fact that the character she plays (consistently, even when she's apparently being herself) is so monumentally dim, so colossally slow on the uptake, coupled with the accent, has led people to think that she might actually be like that in real life - much as people think Al Murray has the same views as his pub landlord character Al Murray.

gilbertharding

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 16, 2024, 12:58:41 PMAs something of a Twink-fancier myself, I congratulate Beaumont on bagging a boy.

Is this actually what's happened?

Incidentally, Beaumont's wikipedia page has 'Sep 2024' as the end of her marriage - which, stupidly, I thought meant September, rather than 'separated'.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 16, 2024, 02:12:33 PMIs this actually what's happened?

Let's assume it is until we hear otherwise. More fun than her marriage ending because Jon forgot to put the bins out again and it was the final straw.

The Bumlord

I say congrats to her for consciously uncoupling from that weird little boring-voiced mouse-eyed creep.

This is where they get together again and I feel well embarrassed in their company

KennyMonster

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 16, 2024, 02:09:48 PM................................much as people think Al Murray has the same views as his pub landlord character Al Murray.

He's way shitter than that.

I think she was rather mean to Jon Richardson at times and/or didn't like him. Now her career is getting bigger  that will have definitely caused problems.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Brian Dunklefun on April 16, 2024, 03:30:28 PMI think she was rather mean to Jon Richardson at times and/or didn't like him. Now her career is getting bigger  that will have definitely caused problems.

I also think that Jerry should have been much stricter with Kramer just coming and going into his apartment and taking stuff. It led to all sorts of problems. Also Terry Scott wasn't very wise to continually invite his boss to his house for dinner parties. David Jason should have sued the owners of the wine bar for leaving the counter pass open. You get the point I'm making.

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 16, 2024, 03:51:14 PMI also think that Jerry should have been much stricter with Kramer just coming and going into his apartment and taking stuff. It led to all sorts of problems. Also Terry Scott wasn't very wise to continually invite his boss to his house for dinner parties. David Jason should have sued the owners of the wine bar for leaving the counter pass open. You get the point I'm making.

And there are almost no examples of Fiction blurring into real life so excellent point.

They've put their relationship heavily on TV for much of the last 10 years, lots of it as themselves as Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont the married couple. They played the same consistent roles you've seen in their comedy and in interviews. I don't think it is a stretch to imagine that we were seeing some small version of reality in the countless hours we've been exposed to them on TV together.

ofc they will have hammed things up, leant into characters and exaggerated things for comedy but I do believe the essence of their relationship was on camera at parts. She didn't seem to like him and now they've split up. So are you saying she actually really liked him, pretended she didnt and then now has split up with him because she liked him.

Also generally speaking one of the biggest predictors in the divorce is if the Woman out earns the Man.

dontpaintyourteeth

Poobum

Keep seeing the advert for their stupid fucking show. Jon Richardson only appears being a peevish little dweeb. Creepy that they apparently renew their vows during the show.

Quote from: Brian Dunklefun on April 16, 2024, 04:23:41 PMI do, Lucy Beaumont and Jon Richardson were my Charles and Diana.

Are they doing commemorative plates?

If not, can someone AI that for me please?

lb99

Why the OTT vitriol for Jon Richardson? He seems pretty inoffensive.

pigamus

Too much like looking in a mirror for self-loathing CaBbers

selectivememory

I remember seeing a clip of him on HIGNFY doing the rounds after the last election, where he was bleating about how Corbyn owed everyone an apology for giving us another five years of Tory rule. So he's a stupid cunt basically.

Endicott

Do people take their own writers with them for HIGNFY or do they just have to blurt out the house style? Not that I know anything about Richardsons politics, and arguably he's a cunt just for going on HIGNFY.

He was always a good foil for Sean Lock on cats countdown.

studpuppet

Quote from: Endicott on April 16, 2024, 05:22:39 PMHe was always a good foil for Sean Lock on cats countdown.

That's basically all I know him for. He's the Ernie Wise or the Les Dennis of the 2020s.

selectivememory

Honestly, I don't really know much about him outside of that clip I mentioned and his Taskmaster appearance. I just have this perception of his act being "miserable bloke", but maybe that's unfair.

I like Jon Richardson. His success is down to his very quick and easy to digest comedic persona, he understands his comedic role to play the loser and he's quick witted with his punchlines.

You compare him to Jon Robins who shares an elemant of being a pernickety pedantic in their persona but his thoughts go nowhere, which is why i say hes never walked into a punchline in his life, and some of the time he wants to look like he had the last laugh. Jon Richardson is always willing to lose on almost every comedic excursion.

Wet Blanket

I think she's brilliant but I do also reckon she gets a little bit too much mileage out of making esoteric references to stuff from Hull.

I grew up in Hull and it's absolutely packed with tiresome dickheads who have built their entire identity around being from there, so any of that 'oooh eck me mam went off down rerd to gerrus savoury ducks from Boyziz' she sometimes falls back on leaves me cold. (Or curld).

holyzombiejesus

I always thought she voiced one of the characters in Hey Duggee but it turns out it's someone else called Lucy.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 16, 2024, 07:17:50 PMI always thought she voiced one of the characters in Hey Duggee but it turns out it's someone else called Lucy.

Not worth its own thread but Hey Duggee has some of the shittest bit part voice actors of all time. Unbelievable that that hedgehog voice got over the line, its like something from toast

jobotic

Quote from: selectivememory on April 16, 2024, 05:35:08 PMHonestly, I don't really know much about him outside of that clip I mentioned and his Taskmaster appearance. I just have this perception of his act being "miserable bloke", but maybe that's unfair.

It is unfair. His act also has a "bloke in a cardigan" element to it.

Tags: