Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 09:31:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lurch to the Right: Graham Linehan is a Huge Bigot

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 20, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

You know how in the old Doom games all the demons in hell are really up for fighting each other if they accidentally get hit by a fireball

superthunderstingcar

The tags on this thread really are astonishingly on point.

Elfking

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on July 10, 2024, 05:29:17 PMArty makes a case for various people at Warhol's factory in the seventies but has ruled that yes, they are interesting BUT they aren't the same as the ones they have these days.

I think a lot of these older transphobes compartmentalise transgender people, they see older trans people from decades past as different to ones that exist now.

Like, they can look at the trans people around Warhol or people like them as quirky and odd but not dangerous because they weren't demanding too much and you were unlikely to meet one. They could just say "good for you!" in a condescending way and move on with their lives.

But they see modern trans people very different because they are more visible. There are more of them, they want equal rights and better access to treatment. So they say trans people are different "these days." Because they aren't just a curiosity they can talk about but never interact with, now they're scared they might see one!

Also, they love to say trans people never do anything but just looking at this list proves how ridiculous that claim is. And that is just famous trans people, there are countless more just going about and doing their jobs and contributing society a lot more than some middle-aged grifters fearmongering the elderly out of money: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transgender_people

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Elfking on July 10, 2024, 06:25:00 PMBut they see modern trans people very different because they are more visible. There are more of them, they want equal rights and better access to treatment. So they say trans people are different "these days." Because they aren't just a curiosity they can talk about but never interact with, now they're scared they might see one!

Amazing how a gay person cannot see the parallel with the homosexual panic is beyond me.

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on July 10, 2024, 02:29:46 PM"I don't understand why my former showbiz colleagues refuse to support me when all I'm doing is telling the truth!"

Yeah what would a gay man know about some really vile homophobia? Lucky you're there really Graham.

Kankurette

Oh I dunno, SOPHIE was certainly very talented, given the influence and legacy she had, but I doubt Linehan's interested in electronic music.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

On Glinner sounding drunk - by his own admission he's constantly necking anti-anxiety meds, maybe they're responsible for his affect.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Kankurette on July 10, 2024, 08:03:24 PMOh I dunno, SOPHIE was certainly very talented, given the influence and legacy she had, but I doubt Linehan's interested in electronic music.

Ditto The Wachowskis. The Matrix was genre defining and bent Hollywood cinema to its shape.

Pink Gregory

sometimes I think it's besides the point to refute Glinner on this shite, it's not going to change his mind.

Kankurette

Oh, I don't interact with him. He's blocked to spare me the temptation.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 10, 2024, 08:51:40 PMsometimes I think it's besides the point to refute Glinner on this shite, it's not going to change his mind.
oh yeah talking to the wall, but it's nice to say "well no actually, here's a bunch of super talented trans folk" to each other here or just out in the world generally

Elliot Page is another.

Mx Wrongs

Graham Linehan being an incel cunt showing his utter contempt for women.

Kankurette

That is an insult to the victims of the Magdalene Laundries. 155 unmarked graves were found near one of the laundries in 1993. They were horror shows.

Three women were shot dead by a man today, but Linehan won't care because he wasn't trans.

Moj

Quote from: Kankurette on July 10, 2024, 10:15:58 PMThree women were shot dead by a man today, but Linehan won't care because he wasn't trans.
He did retweet something about it, to be fair. I was expecting him to accuse the perpetrator of being trans or something else banana-flavoured but no, something completely unrelated to his one interest got his attention.

phes

Quote from: Kankurette on July 10, 2024, 08:03:24 PMOh I dunno, SOPHIE was certainly very talented, given the influence and legacy she had, but I doubt Linehan's interested in electronic music.

can't remember the last time I watched a techno dj on Berlin's HOR who wasn't trans lol

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on July 10, 2024, 02:29:46 PM"I don't understand why my former showbiz colleagues refuse to support me when all I'm doing is telling the truth!"

Quite enjoy watching him make himself an utterly unemployable thundercunt

non capisco

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 10, 2024, 09:48:15 PMoh yeah talking to the wall, but it's nice to say "well no actually, here's a bunch of super talented trans folk" to each other here or just out in the world generally

Elliot Page is another.

And Ezra Furman, who I remember Linehan had on some Spotify playlist he posted deep into his banana years. Sorry Glinner, you can't want to eradicate trans musicians from the face of the earth AND carry on liking their tunes, mate.

Cold Meat Platter

The "everyone that disagrees with me smells and is an idiot head" stuff is so childish as to be embarrassing.

buttgammon

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 10, 2024, 10:38:41 PMlmao where to start with this

He reminds me a lot of the sort of nth-generation American with an entirely outdated idea of Ireland based on family myths and popular culture, who comes to Ireland and is shocked and appalled to discover it is a multicultural, socially liberal modern democracy. A fair few people like that have tried to meddle in referenda on issues like marriage equality and abortion, and they always end up having the most pathetic tantrums when forced to confront the reality of the country. He hasn't lived there for a very long time and it shows.

That's not even getting started on how mad it is to perceive the existence of trans people as being some kind of Americanism, especially when he jumps onto any Trump nutjob bandwagon going (a recent example is him doubling down on the obvious lie about kids identifying as cats/litter trays in schools).

Still waiting to hear his views on the scumbag Irish soldier who was convicted of beating a woman unconscious and boasting about it but still didn't get a custodial sentence, or the Irish woman in Dubai who was attacked but then charged by the police there for allegedly attempting suicide, or the (welcome but inadequate) legislation currently going through the Dáil that's meant to guarantee anonymity for victims of sexual offences.

idunnosomename

And the NPC meme is almost entirely a Trump supporter thing, but from his first term when Graham was calling him Mr Dumb Dumb Cheeto Head, so he's only catching up with it now

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 10, 2024, 10:38:41 PMlmao where to start with this

Says the man who's pro-Israel for no reason other than 'Palestine woke, Palestine bad'.

BritishHobo

I noticed that amongst the buzzwords he uses to disparage women who disagree with him (handmaiden etc), he's now started calling such women "Magdalen nuns". Just astonishing.

Thomas

I can tell you that by and large the woke Irish comedy circuit - in every half-decent club from Dublin to Dingle, from open-micers to comics getting big breaks - considers Linehan mad.

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 10, 2024, 10:48:26 PMThe "everyone that disagrees with me smells and is an idiot head" stuff is so childish as to be embarrassing.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on July 10, 2024, 10:48:26 PMThe "everyone that disagrees with me smells and is an idiot head" stuff is so childish as to be embarrassing.

No it isn't, you big bum cake.

Cold Meat Platter

wobinidan

I support the current thing, that is to say, treating humans with respect. What a mindless brainwashed wokeoid I am.

trabuch

Middle class cunt has gone completely bananas.

Jickets

Oh yes, the man who's worked in showbiz his whole life and is so entitled he refuses to get a mere commoners job and instead begs for subscriptions to his substack to fund his unemployed lifestyle in his fancy Docklands flat is a real working class battler!

Pink Gregory

a sign of belonging to the media classes is associating the working class with being reactionary

Tags: