Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 10:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lurch to the Right: Graham Linehan is a Huge Bigot

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 20, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mx Wrongs

He's still necroposting, this one from 2021

It appears desperate, like they're short of material, but maybe it's just shrewd reuse of old material.

If people replied with the year of the tweet, it'd expose them one way or another.

The Bumlord

Just recalled Glinner passed me on the street in Edinburgh about...ooh 15 years back.

Oddly enough he looked massive and angry

The Bumlord

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on May 21, 2024, 07:58:34 PMHe's still necroposting, this one from 2021

It appears desperate, like they're short of material, but maybe it's just shrewd reuse of old material.

If people replied with the year of the tweet, it'd expose them one way or another.

He's just putting out some remastered transphobia

jobotic

Hates anti-semitism, loves Donald "United Reich" Trump.

idunnosomename

I think this should probably be the last Graham thread and we just have a general GC bigots thread. The Australasia tour does seem to be his jump-the-shark episode. he's just going to continue tweeting bizarrely angry and spiteful shit, along with the same frame of the Naama Levy abduction, over and over again.

He's gone, he has no real friends, barely any platform, he just wants to rave on Twitter forever. Are we going to get any more lore about how he hides his car from the bailiffs? About the only thing that might happen is the dissolution of Delightful Industries.

Alas here is him raving at the "Malcolm from The Modern Parents" again

a reply very aptly pointed out how he loves using this meme despite the fact it has "retarded" in it. He sometimes apologies for it but he still keeps using it. I mean, why would you?

(can't even argue this is using it to mean slow in its literal sense: it's just completely an ableist slur)

https://x.com/methylstreep/status/1792831164983689663

He can't sink any lower, he's just a pathetic old troll, like the South Park World of Warcraft griefer he used to like the post an image of at people he disagreed with. Now "the tide has turned" - in that pre-election, the government are invoking a lot of anti-trans policies - he's getting increasingly sad and desperate. Fuck him into the obscurity he deserves.

damien

I like the idea of having Terfs Go Bananas threads. I agree that the Aussie tour was a case of Fonzie over the Great White

Luornu

hey wasn't Oliphi or however it was spelled, an alt account?
I mean it doesn't count when he does it. Clearly.

George White

Only tangentially related but share and sign this, lads. Important for Irish trans healthcare. A letter trying to get as many signatures as possible in response to the regressive, outdated methods of Irish trans healthcare and local lad Minister Stephen Donnelly not doing what he said he'd do https://t.co/l62Np6o0kc
It's what Glinner doesn't want.

Ferris

Sometimes you have to stand in awe at how bananas this cunt has gone.

20 hours a day, without a break, rain or shine, at the cost of family, friends, career and marriage, and he reckons everyone else has gone wrong.

Haven't seen a case of "lost the plot" this bad since season 3 of Sherlock.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 21, 2024, 08:28:04 PMHe can't sink any lower

Every time someone here says this or something to the effect he goes and proves how much further he can sink.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 21, 2024, 08:28:04 PMa reply very aptly pointed out how he loves using this meme despite the fact it has "retarded" in it. He sometimes apologies for it but he still keeps using it. I mean, why would you?

(can't even argue this is using it to mean slow in its literal sense: it's just completely an ableist slur)

https://x.com/methylstreep/status/1792831164983689663

He can't sink any lower, he's just a pathetic old troll, like the South Park World of Warcraft griefer he used to like the post an image of at people he disagreed with. Now "the tide has turned" - in that pre-election, the government are invoking a lot of anti-trans policies - he's getting increasingly sad and desperate. Fuck him into the obscurity he deserves.
I know it's trivial bit of double-standard next to using that slur, but whenever Pissy Parker counter-demonstrators wear masks, he accuses them of cowardice.

Kankurette

So LGBT people aren't allowed to use 'queer', but Linehan, who is not disabled, is allowed to use 'r*******'. Not even pretending to care about disabled people, is he?

The comment from TinaTerfer is so pathetic. He's never going to 'do better'. Accept it.
Quote from: jobotic on May 21, 2024, 08:08:12 PMHates anti-semitism, loves Donald "United Reich" Trump.
And Elon Musk, who's not shy about hating Jews.

non capisco

Quote from: Ferris on May 21, 2024, 10:56:52 PMSometimes you have to stand in awe at how bananas this cunt has gone.

20 hours a day, without a break, rain or shine, at the cost of family, friends, career and marriage, and he reckons everyone else has gone wrong.

I suspect this degree of solitude peppered with virtual attention from people not in the same room as him was what he always yearned for but he's gone an extremely weird way about it. No shade on anyone who wishes to live a solipsistic life with only a passive level of engagement with the world conducted entirely through the lens of social media but you can do that without being a monomaniacal bigot intent on making the lives of a minority worse. There must be a Guided By Voices forum he could have been spending all his time on arguing about which version of 'Game Of Pricks' is better until his family left him.

Ferris

Quote from: non capisco on May 21, 2024, 11:41:56 PMThere must be a Guided By Voices forum he could have been spending all his time on arguing about which version of 'Game Of Pricks' is better until his family left him.

I've often thought the irony of him loathing CaB is that he'd probably love to be regular poster on here. Big fish in a small pond, doing all the in-jokes and throwing his (not insignificant) weight about if anyone displeases him.

Then when a big luvvy mag interviews him (back when he was worth interviewing) he could play up what a harmless nerd he was "gosh I post regularly on a forum, imagine that!!"

He even enjoys The Tribulations of Ron. Sliding doors etc.

Elfking

I think I said before that I disagreed with the Cass Report being it's own thread and with JK Rowling being her own thread because all three things are tightly linked so you end up with the same information getting posted in multiple places. I DO think the thread should concentrate on Graham BUT I also think the thread should cover the rest of the transphobes as well.

In my opinion it already does this quite a bit. Most of the time we are talking about Graham but we do cover other madness from other transphobes too. I think leaning slightly more into posting about other transphobes in this thread as well as Glinner is the way to go.

I feel like these threads have become more than they were originally intended to be. I don't think that's a bad thing, it's brought people to the forum (like myself!). My opinion doesn't mean much but I would move with the evolution as I said above. I'm sure people in these threads would be interested to see what other transphobes are saying in the same way people not interested in these threads don't want half a dozen threads on transhobia at once.

Quote from: jobotic on May 21, 2024, 08:08:12 PMHates anti-semitism, loves Donald "United Reich" Trump.

Hates antisemitism, loves Magdalen "George Soros funds transing" Berns.

Stinky Lomax

If it becomes a general GC thread, it should move out of Comedy Chat...

The Bumlord

Quote from: Stinky Lomax on May 22, 2024, 09:41:19 AMIf it becomes a general GC thread, it should move out of Comedy Chat...

I'm oft confused by which threads go where. Why is the Mumsnet thread in Picture Box? WHY

Jumblegraws

Reminder that David Paisley's case against him is still active. Unless that gets quietly settled, there's bound to be a telephone directory's worth of Glinner pages when it gets going.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: The Bumlord on May 22, 2024, 10:31:22 AMI'm oft confused by which threads go where. Why is the Mumsnet thread in Picture Box? WHY

I don't really understand why there's a mumsnet thread tbh, it's just staring at some random nutters

Kankurette

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on May 22, 2024, 10:36:25 AMI don't really understand why there's a mumsnet thread tbh, it's just staring at some random nutters
To keep the discussion of Mumsnet TERFshit out of this thread.

First birthday post of the day

Happy Birthday G-Dog! 🎂🎈🎉

dead-ced-dead

I also think the Mumsnet thread is in Picture Box because it's technically screen based. It's an online forum???? (Correct me if wrong). Glinner's downfall is screen based too, but at least he was once related to comedy.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on May 22, 2024, 10:36:25 AMI don't really understand why there's a cookdandbombd tbh, it's just staring at some random nutters

ahhhhhhh

buttgammon

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2024, 11:27:44 AMFirst birthday post of the day

Happy Birthday G-Dog! 🎂🎈🎉

Hahahahaha! They couldn't have picked a better day!*

*Except Nakba Day, of course

idunnosomename

Many happy returns to @Glinner on his birthday. 67 today!

He'll have remembered because Twitter puts balloons on your profile.

Kankurette

All Palestinians are murderers and rapists. All of them. Including the adorable Palestinian toddler celebrating his birthday in a refugee camp doing the rounds on Tumblr. But Israelis never rape or murder anyone.

Also, does he not understand why Ireland might recognise the state of Palestine?

Noakes

i'm imagining if the threads go more general, graham will have an genuine, lego joker moment
https://www.tiktok.com/@george501st/video/7087167169267617030

Tags: