Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 11:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Stewart Lee Moments / Gags/ Quips

Started by markburgle, June 17, 2024, 08:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

"you can prove anything with facts, can't you?"

GoblinAhFuckScary

madhair60

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 18, 2024, 02:19:19 PM"you can prove anything with facts, can't you?"

was fascinating when I watched the L&H live video recently and this cropped up

Psybro

The first time I saw him live included the Franklyn Ajaye routine, which I think is a really good standalone distillation of his trademarks.  Of course searching back to the original broadcast of Comedy Vehicle, it was criticised here because he wasn't having a go at Josie Long instead.

selectivememory

Quote from: Tiggles on June 18, 2024, 02:11:36 PMAlso, "The money is mine".

Love the payoff to that one: "Yes, that's what we think here in Guildford. We're utter vermin!"

Not just the line itself but the venom with which he spits out "utter vermin" at the end.

checkoutgirl

*squints*

"Is that, is that Joe Pasquale in my garden?"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 18, 2024, 02:53:06 PM*squints*

The routine about prostitutes throwing johnnies into his back garden is good as well.

DrGreggles

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 18, 2024, 02:53:06 PM*squints*

"What could he possibly want?"

Tiggles

Just the phrase, "the cat's feet towel" wound into that whole sorry tale is magic.

studpuppet

I like the bit in the middle of the mayhem when he goes all Michael Macintyre and mentions the cat's-feet towel. And whenever we pass a house with a union jack on a flagpole I tell my daughter that Are Boys have committed an atrocity somewhere in the world.

Senior Baiano

"They're all (rude sounding thing) by the time I've finished with 'em" 😂

The Mollusk

Quote from: momatt on June 18, 2024, 02:11:51 PMI love all his stand-up, but honestly the funniest moments are just the silly noises he makes.

"Mmmm, lovely milk, slurp slurp slurp..."
I can't even remember when and why he says this, but it goes through my head all the time.

It's when he's describing Hammond as baby bear in the Three Bears parable. Watched this just the other night and it made me laugh so much, likewise the description of him having shiny red boots with gold buckles.

pigamus

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 18, 2024, 12:39:26 PM"Every time you look at your watch, I start again."

Maybe I'm thick but I've never really understood the Rod Liddle bit. I found it disappointing at the time because I hate that poisonous cunt and was really hoping he'd get a good kicking.

Brundle-Fly

Endicott

Quote from: Tiggles on June 18, 2024, 03:03:07 PMJust the phrase, "the cat's feet towel" wound into that whole sorry tale is magic.

I just love the whole concept of the cat's feet towel.

- In the Lesbian Licky Lick sketch from the FoF radio show, the bit where the rest of the cast all say "Stewart Leeee" to him

- Stewart Lee's Special Parable: "No, do you see?"

- Internet Comments: One of his very funniest bits and hilarious throughout, but his delivery of, "An ageing cunt..." is extra special

madhair60

shit-haired cunt who resides at the very apex of all that is absolute patience-testing wank

iamcoop

"Woke up this morning............I've got a big chin"

Gurke and Hare

Mentioned it in the other thread, but "Oh dear, Terry Nutkins there" from Lionel Nimrod.

Bartholomew J Krishna

"Don't come and see me if you don't know what things are".

sevendaughters

time passed and something happened. they can say it wasn't good but you can't say nothing happened.

Proactive

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 18, 2024, 04:06:24 PMIt's when he's describing Hammond as baby bear in the Three Bears parable. Watched this just the other night and it made me laugh so much, likewise the description of him having shiny red boots with gold buckles.

Had a good old chuckle at my desk at this.

madhair60

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 18, 2024, 05:16:58 PMtime passed and something happened. they can say it wasn't good but you can't say nothing happened.

is there anything you can't say that about?

checkoutgirl

He came out Stew. He came out. He said what do you do for a living. He said I'm in oil. He said are you a sardine?

He came out Stew.

superthunderstingcar

markburgle

"Who's face is that?"
"Pope Benedict the XVI!"
"And what does that mean?"
"Poooiiison"
"That's right"

Proactive

Paraphrasing here but the bit in the Whicker Del sketch where Paul Putner's character says of the event "there's no harm in it" to which Stu replies "I didn't say there was any harm in it. "

ThaBiggPaybacc

Quote from: Proactive on June 18, 2024, 08:30:51 PMParaphrasing here but the bit in the Whicker Del sketch where Paul Putner's character says of the event "there's no harm in it" to which Stu replies "I didn't say there was any harm in it. "

Not being familiar with OFAH, I thought the crowd chanting 'no income tax, no VAT' after the wicker Del falls was a similar hint at something quite hardline.

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

Diana and the ALF is up there. I'm still very fond of pear cider made from 100% pear.

Tags: