Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 09:16:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Douglas is cancelled" is cancelled

Started by mjwilson, June 22, 2024, 07:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Lipglossed on July 09, 2024, 01:31:48 AMIf all the big Hollywood studios can cheap out on lighting scenes, then it's acceptable that you too can also cheap out on lighting scenes. And boom: everything looks like this now.

Then dress the cast and sets in oranges and blues just to make sure everything looks the same everywhere

Quote from: Lipglossed on July 09, 2024, 01:31:48 AMIf all the big Hollywood studios can cheap out on lighting scenes, then it's acceptable that you too can also cheap out on lighting scenes. And boom: everything looks like this now.

Unfortunately we cheaped out on sound too so there is no boom.

Thomas

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on July 09, 2024, 06:18:22 AMThen dress the cast and sets in oranges and blues just to make sure everything looks the same everywhere

Be wary of the rabbit hole. 25% of my attention throughout 2018's Bodyguard was consumed in spotting blue/orange props and costumes.

Thosworth

Netflix execs green lighting Claudia Winkleman Meets Paul Karason as we speak.

There Be Rumblings

Quote from: Thomas on July 09, 2024, 03:50:50 PMBe wary of the rabbit hole. 25% of my attention throughout 2018's Bodyguard was consumed in spotting blue/orange props and costumes.
In which case do not, I repeat do not, watch cancelled Glen Howerton vehicle A.P. Bio.

I mean that's not the only reason, but the orange and teal colour scheme is so overwhelming it's basically impossible to focus on anything else. It's very strange indeed.

Episode 3 was a bit of a tough watch. Just escalating ... nastiness?

lazyhour

Quote from: A Hat Like That on July 13, 2024, 10:41:49 AMEpisode 3 was a bit of a tough watch. Just escalating ... nastiness?

Erm... justified though, no?

gotmilk

Only watched one and a half episodes so far, but this is incredibly annoying. All the attempted witticisms about the state of social media and journalism are just so clunky and obvious, particularly the Alex Kingston bits. The tone seems to be aiming for Yes Minister but without any of the precision, so the pithy observations just feel smug and grating.

lazyhour

Yeah, the first two episodes are shit. Third one is electrifying. Final ep is okay.

neveragain

Quote from: lazyhour on July 13, 2024, 11:36:45 PMYeah, the first two episodes are shit. Third one is electrifying. Final ep is okay.

Like seemingly all TV dramas these days, two or even just one episode would have sufficed.

lazyhour

Could have just been episode three, played out in real time, 60-minute one-off drama.

neveragain

Quote from: lazyhour on July 14, 2024, 08:51:39 PMCould have just been episode three, played out in real time, 60-minute one-off drama.

Yep. Would have been much better.

Snrub

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on June 28, 2024, 11:13:58 AMApart from all this, I kept picking up on an additional agenda to criticise the bringing down of Huw Edwards. Bonneville looks like Edwards, and various characters throughout the programme made almost direct reference to what happened to him. It made me feel a bit warmer towards the programme. Didn't like it overall though.

I think that must be purely coincidental - I actually got round to watching it in the end and presuming the bit at the Hay Festival was actually filmed there last year - as I think it's been in the can for a while - that would pre-date the Edwards story. I do wonder if ITV have deliberately kept it on the shelf a bit longer than they might have to put some distance between that story - and maybe the Schofield one too

Agree with the consensus here mainly - although it was episode 2 that properly wound me up for reasons I can't put my finger on. At times it did seem a bit of a naff sitcom with the whole "put my wife on the phone" "Oh I've got a plan, damn it someone else has just come up with the exact same plan".

Thought Alex Kingston was wasted in this and the whole "aren't tabloid newspapers cunts" angle all a bit yeah I agree but I'm not sure what the point is in relation to everything else.

Hotel episode brilliant though

Tags: