Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 11:49:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The New Norm Show (𝕏 Sitcom)

Started by Leo2112, June 27, 2024, 01:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 27, 2024, 12:30:51 PMSometimes you wonder like... are they just lying, when they say how brilliant it is?
Yes.

Petey Pate

The clip in the OP has the same problem that most comedy of its ilk does, it assumes that alluding to something that's 'woke' is a joke in and of itself. They don't even do the obvious gag that the beer tastes horrible, or that it comes from a brewery staffed by Puerto Rican ex-cons or whatever, the guy is merely triggered by seeing a rainbow on the can. It's utterly witless and unimaginative, there's no twist or layer to make it humorous, it would be barely passable if were intended as a parody of modern conservative comedy.

momatt

Quote from: Petey Pate on June 27, 2024, 01:36:34 PMThe clip in the OP has the same problem that most comedy of its ilk does, it assumes that alluding to something that's 'woke' is a joke in and of itself. They don't even do the obvious gag that the beer tastes horrible, or that it comes from a brewery staffed by Puerto Rican ex-cons or whatever, the guy is merely triggered by seeing a rainbow on the can.

Yeah, they could have had the beer tasting of strawberries or cum and being rainbow-coloured or being full of glitter.
Which is still hack shit, but would be something.

I think some people may like this as they think it's going to offend someone, rather than being funny or entertaining.
Which is a huge victory and achievement of course.

madhair60

Barry Admin

^ Lmao 😂

I still can't get over how fawning and deferential it all is, I'm absolutely consumed by it.

momatt

Who's that lady supposed to be?

They've handsome-ed Elon so much he's barely recognizable.

Mister Six

I think the lady is supposed to be Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez.

Led Souptin

Whens next ep?

Can't wait to see how they flesh out this norm character

Ignatius_S

I enjoyed this endorsement on the show's website:

"BRILLIANT!"
BILL MAHER
- HBO "REAL TIME" HOST SPEAKING OF SHOW CREATOR'S PREVIOUS WORK, FEATURED ON HBO

Barry Admin

Quote from: Mister Six on June 27, 2024, 06:24:32 PMI think the lady is supposed to be Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez.

Yes.  It really is worth watching this dogshit animation, for those who missed it on page 1. 

I suspect it might be referencing this or some other encounter I vaguely recall them having:

In the animation, they can't pay AOC any respect at all - she's shrill, humourless, domineering... but she is hot! So they have to balance that out by saying she's "just not that smart." Because god forbid a woman have any worth other than her looks.

And I've already written enough about their depiction of Musk... so it's refreshing to see the above screenshot again and be reminded of what a fucking goober he actually is.

Barry Admin

(Elon fanboys are so deluded they think he came out on top in the above exchange and that AOC was lying about the Zuckerberg bit.)

Okay I found the inspiration now:

Quote from: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/aoc-elon-musk-migrant-crisis-live-stream-b2420934.htmlIn a video posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, Ms Ocasio-Cortez claimed more migrants entered the US through Ellis Island than were arriving illegally across the Rio Grande.

Responding to the video, billionaire Elon Musk said: "She's just not that smart."

The congresswoman clapped back: "I wasn't born rich and became the youngest woman in American history to be elected to Congress. Then I investigated Cohen, authored the largest FEMA funeral assistance program in history and led creation of a US Climate Corps to create tens of thousands of new jobs."

"Stay mad," she told Mr Musk.

The Tesla CEO replied: "I take it back – you're obviously a genius."

He added: "First, please allow me to congratulate you on these epic achievements.

"However, have you considered, rather than 'funeral assistance', that FEMA focus its funding on preventing funerals in the first place?"

And bonus content from a week after that fawning AI animation was released:

QuoteRepresentative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has called out tech billionaire Elon Musk for a baseless anti-immigration post.

Responding to a post from Mr Musk that claimed Democrats want to "import voters," the progressive New York lawmaker pointed out an undeniable fact in response on Thursday.

"You're literally an immigrant," Ms Ocasio-Cortez wrote on X. Mr Musk was born and raised in South Africa — he moved to Canada in 1988 before migrating to the US.

lazyhour

pretending to enjoy boring confused animations to own the libs

lazyhour

@madhair60 can you ask Musk to fund a cartoon of Space Cunts? It would be edgy and would offend plenty of people but crucially it would also be funny.

dissolute ocelot

Is there a Wikihow on how to make your own terrible animation using AI? Because I have an idea about a cat and a mouse who hate each other.

frajer

Jesus that is woeful.

Come back Grogg and your blood-full dog, all is forgiven.

Barry Admin

"It's because of him that millions saw my post, including the mother of my child."

Slurp slurp slurp. Elon Musk dick riders really are the worst.

Is that "including the mother of my child" bit actually a reference to something, or just a really clunky way to get to the next line?

Kelvin

It's the canned laughter I don't understand. It makes the whole thing feel like a Mash and Peas parody.

The South Park of X? South Park isn't just a scattershot barrage of gags about every issue under the sun. It's main cast aren't two dimensional cutouts (ironically). And Trey Parker would never write something as fawning as that Musk scene.

It honestly doesn't feel real. 

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kelvin on June 27, 2024, 11:14:23 PMThe South Park of X? South Park isn't just a scattershot barrage of gags about every issue under the sun. It's main cast aren't two dimensional cutouts (ironically). And Trey Parker would never write something as fawning as that Musk scene.

Did a google search for this dogshit and came across its Know Your Meme page, which includes a link to a tweet of compilation clips of South Park being "woke":

https://x.com/troopers_toons/status/1805824230187319730

EDIT: for those who don't want to click, clips are:

1) Butters talking down his "pray away the gay" camp accountabili-buddy Bradley by telling him he's perfectly normal
2) A still of Cartman and Princess Kenny with Cartman saying "don't ask why Kenny wanted to be a chick, it just seems to be how he's rolling right now"
3) Sharon telling Randy what she'd say to Lorde right now
4) Stan declaring that it's okay to be gay, it's part of nature and a beautiful thing

Barry Admin

"It's because of him that millions saw my post..." 😂 I can't stop thinking about it.

Just really savour that line.

It's because of Elon Musk that lots of people saw my tweet. But I'm not gonna call it a tweet cause Elon prefers "posts" to be used these days.

Now what does he mean: Norm means that he posted his shit meme about AOC, and Elon made it blow up just by posting "true" under it. This brought it to wider attention, including to the mother of Norm's child who... I dunno what her fucking story is.

Now she's sitting right beside Norm in the congressional hearing, along with their child. Norm and his wife never talk anymore, and she saw this tweet and it broke the ice?

Norm's wife had left him, but she follows Elon Musk on Twitter, and she saw Elon's single word comment below Norm"s tweet, and decided to give it another go? 

Wait, wait... I think I've got it now. The meme was about AOC being hot right, and Norm's wife follows Elon on Twitter because why wouldn't she amirite, so she saw the meme and she took it badly and is really jealous of AOC. This is why she has her arms crossed while sitting behind Norm.

Dave Rubin has created a real gem here. Holy fuck.

Spoiler alert
I will never stop being amused at how vigorously these animations suck up to Musk, and how handsome they made him:

[close]

Kankurette

Things Your Dad Is Doing: The Sitcom.

madhair60

Quote from: Kankurette on June 27, 2024, 11:54:32 PMThings Your Dad Is Doing: The Sitcom.

well no, that would actually be funny.

Kankurette

Quote from: frajer on June 27, 2024, 10:35:28 PMJesus that is woeful.

Come back Grogg and your blood-full dog, all is forgiven.
I'd rather watch Grogg's sharting dog. Or Space Cunts, at least Space Cunts is funny.

mippy

God, Elon Musk is fucking boring.

phantom_power

I think just the thought of libs getting angry makes them laugh

There is definitely some inverse relationship between right wing tendencies and artistic appreciation. Those cartoons apart from anything else look fucking awful. Then there is the terrible comedy. Right wing music is invariably dogshit. The films are crap. No subtlety. No subtext, just text.

Are there any good right wing artists/film makers/comedians/writers?

Barry Admin

The dogshit engagement is hilarious. Even the right think Dave Rubin is a shit hack, and barely anyone is even bothering to pretend to like this shit for retweets.

Look at how desperate this is and how low the engagement is on each tweet:

This isn't even a question, but noone is responding, so they have to just use it anyway:

Barry Admin

😂😂😂

For someone who likes seeing his name - could be a win-win.

It's because of him that millions saw my post.

Thank god for Elon Musk and his shit post memes.

X is the home of free speech.

Chaz is here to... reeducate Norm - in non-bonery studies.

"Transitioning to what?" - "hopefully not a Jets fan!"

Kankurette

Ah, they're using the 'lol triggered feminist' meme. Didn't that woman get loads of abuse because of it?
Quote from: phantom_power on June 28, 2024, 10:25:19 AMI think just the thought of libs getting angry makes them laugh

There is definitely some inverse relationship between right wing tendencies and artistic appreciation. Those cartoons apart from anything else look fucking awful. Then there is the terrible comedy. Right wing music is invariably dogshit. The films are crap. No subtlety. No subtext, just text.

Are there any good right wing artists/film makers/comedians/writers?
Lefties with any sense should just ignore it. Don't even hatewatch. Just don't watch it.

There's a few artists I like who are right-wing, like Sleeper (Louise is a Tory), but yeah, right-wingers don't tend to make decent music or films or telly.

Shaxberd

Right-wing people can make good art and comedy when they keep their views out of it, it's political or satirical art that they tend to be terrible at. It's hard to reconcile a desire to maintain the status quo with the necessity of surprise and subversion that humour requires. I think about the only guys who've really pulled it off are the South Park guys - their views annoy me but they know how to write actual jokes.

If you want to make something entertaining with a right wing political message it's usually more successful to play it completely straight. Something like Top Gun that's naked propaganda that makes warfare look cool and fun.

frajer

Norm speaks too much common sense so the wokes have slapped an ankle monitor on him.

His black friend hates wokes too, so Norm can't be a bigot.

Barry Admin

Norm and his shockingly black friend are horrified at going to Disney World; again, this goes back to Elon Musk being a big baby over Disney puling their ads from twitter because they don't want to be listed next to literal Nazis.

It's a woke world after all:

Why is it a woke world after all?

Norm says he just wants normal beer and the beer gushes into his face, but then Elon Musk pops into his living room and puts up the X logo, while people sing "thank god" for him, and praise his shitpost memes. They are on a high because X now allows free speech (i.e. it allows you to deadname and misgender trans people since Musk took it over.  You're not allowed actual free speech.)

But it's a woke world after all, because... Norm's wife wants to treat the family to a day out at a funfair?

Yes, you see, it's a woke fun fair because Bob Iger doesn't want to advertise on Twitter.  You can shove your woke log flumes, woke Disney.