Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 12:04:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spaced chat (see here for DVD extras!)

Started by Magnum Valentino, June 27, 2024, 07:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Shaftoe

Also, the characters are quite often intimidated by minor characters notably younger than them, so they're already becoming painfully aware they're not as young and cool as they'd like to think they are.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

"They were younger than us."
"Only physically."

checkoutgirl

It'll just be a load of teenage girls..........and that's a good thing!

They're so thin.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 04, 2024, 02:57:44 PMThe cafe chat is her mistaking Tim for a drug dealer and him being flattered.
"What are you looking for?"
"What have you got?"

Thanks - I was conflating the two scenes.

Twilkes

I like the face that the dole office guy makes when Daisy asks him if it's the right form, and also how ambivalent yet vindictive he is about his job, like he's a Seinfeld bit part character.

QDRPHNC

Doesn't it turn out she told him to fuck off in a bar?

Ferris

"Just off to Threshers to do the weekly shop"

And

"do you want a drink Marsha?"

"Bit early for that innit!! ...yeah go on then"

Quote from: frajer on July 04, 2024, 09:28:18 PM
"Don't worry Daisy - Tim's just really angry at you because you've jeopardised his future...okay?"

QDRPHNC

checkoutgirl

You didn't sort of borrow it? You know, go through my pockets and...

Steal it?

I'm sorry. That sounded really bad. Did you steal it?

Stinky Lomax

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 04, 2024, 11:18:05 PMThe dole office guy.

No, that doesn't happen. Not sure what you're thinking of, maybe Daisy losing her bookstore job by telling a customer to fuck off?

QDRPHNC

There's a very brief flashback to where she's bartending and a guy asks for a drink and she tells him fuck off/you and it's the dole office guy.

Twilkes

Hmm, that's an interesting one, I've never put those two scenes together and the acting feels different so I think I'd always assumed they were different characters. Did the bar scene happen after the dole scene? I think that flashback was part of the restaurant episode, yes?

QDRPHNC

they're in the same episode (202), bar scene after the dole scene.

Stinky Lomax

QDRPHNC

oh so the scene didn't exist a minute ago and now it's all that's not the same actor

Stinky Lomax

A scene where she tells the dole guy to fuck off in a bar doesn't exist, no.

A minute ago you were asking if it was the case and now it's all that's definitely the case

QDRPHNC

Toki

Love how Daisy shoves books into the shelf on their sides in that scene. I mean this in a non-creepy way. I just find it funny.

Edit: I mean the book shop scene, by the way.

McFlymo

"A'wight, Bwian" my brain screams at me, anytime I am introduced to a Brian.

"I could never be... Conceptual" and the arm waving thing Mark Heap does, was how me and friend spoke about art for years.

And "Oh. Brian... You came...." (demeaning tone version)

And "Pudding? Sounds like a mouthful..."

frajer

Similarly I cannot hear the opening to 'Come On Eileen' without my mind's eye showing me a slow pull-out of Mark Heap in a beret and neckerchief.

It's a good deal.

Magnum Valentino

Know what's cool as fuck is the use of the Resident Evil 2 police station music in that episode.

frajer

Yeah that is brilliant.

Speaking of music, I'm sure everyone in this thread already knows of its existence but Edgar Wright put out a Spaced Spotify playlist a while back and it's such a glorious trip down memory lane: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5IbjRbbWArTZdedXLsDiNT?si=1c9ff674e7d44e45

Magnum Valentino

Missing the Resident Evil 2 police station music 😡

(That is a great thought actually)

Pink Gregory

I'd love to think "Hey deadhead, takeabaddapeach!" was an original line but I'm pretty convinced it isn't.  Does anyone know?

Twilkes

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 05, 2024, 12:17:59 PMI'd love to think "Hey deadhead, takeabaddapeach!" was an original line but I'm pretty convinced it isn't.  Does anyone know?

Take a bite of peach is from David Lynch's Wild At Heart, possibly?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Twilkes on July 05, 2024, 12:51:05 PMTake a bite of peach is from David Lynch's Wild At Heart, possibly?

looks like it

very much in a different context in Spaced it would seem!

Tags: