Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 08:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

(Won't You Come Home) Bill Bailey ('s Hair)

Started by Twilkes, June 28, 2024, 07:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilkes

I wondered when he was eventually going to succumb, but maybe did it as a tribute to his great friend Shorn Locks:

https://www.chortle.co.uk/punching-ups/2024/06/27/55900/its_bill_baldy%21

Ornlu

Jerzy Bondov

i guess he shaved it off, nailed it to a frisbee and flung it over a rainbow

TommyTurnips

His hair would hang down the back of his head like a shower curtain.

Quote from: TommyTurnips on June 28, 2024, 02:23:19 PMHis hair would hang down the back of his head like a shower curtain.

It was more like those plastic strip curtains that warehouses have to keep out germs.

dissolute ocelot

It's hard to be whimsical when you're a slaphead.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He should have just adopted a new style with the remaining hair. Maybe a man bun, like Gareth Bale has to hide his bald spot.

His hair at the end there looked a bit like a small cape his head was wearing.

The Mollusk

Glebe

PaulTMA

On the other hand, Thomas Dolby is currently blinding everyone with science by going the opposite route:

Crunk

QuoteBill Bailey has cut his trademark flowing locks

I don't know about flowing - in recent years it's been a crispy-looking flap around his skull, like the back of a fireman's helmet.

Shaky

Quote from: PaulTMA on July 02, 2024, 12:05:59 PMOn the other hand, Thomas Dolby is currently blinding everyone with science by going the opposite route:

Patridgean levels of commitment there. I was absolutely convinced it was some sort of spoof until about 8 minutes in, but no.

Noodle Lizard

Now he will be indistinguishable from Billy Joel.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shaky on July 02, 2024, 01:54:13 PMPatridgean levels of commitment there. I was absolutely convinced it was some sort of spoof until about 8 minutes in, but no.

I like how he's phoning his friend to see what they'd say. I had a bald mate who maintained if he woke up with a full head of hair one morning it'd be easier to shave it off than try and explain it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Could his hair have receded any further back, do you think? Can you go bald all the way down to the nape of your neck?

Shaky

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 02, 2024, 11:53:14 PMI like how he's phoning his friend to see what they'd say. I had a bald mate who maintained if he woke up with a full head of hair one morning it'd be easier to shave it off than try and explain it.

His choice of friend being one of those slightly turtle-y old Jewish philosopher types is amusing. I can imagine he calls him all the time asking about all sorts of things."What do you think of my new shorts, David? Bit snug?"

Twilkes

It's perhaps worth reminding ourselves of what Bill Bailey's hair looked like in the very early days:

Used to get my haircut at a barbers in Hammersmith bus station because it was the cheapest I could find in the area (£8 at the time) and always found it funny that they had a picture on the wall of Bill Bailey after having his hair cut there, it can't have been good for business.

Tags: