Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 17, 2024, 12:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobbd

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 31, 2024, 12:56:46 PMAfraid it's not on MySpleen or TvChaos, or any of the film trackers I'm a member of (which was always a bit unlikely). Might be one of those times where it's worth contacting those involved in the making of the show to see if they still have a copy.

Thanks for looking. You might be right.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 31, 2024, 12:56:46 PMAfraid it's not on MySpleen or TvChaos, or any of the film trackers I'm a member of (which was always a bit unlikely). Might be one of those times where it's worth contacting those involved in the making of the show to see if they still have a copy.
Agree with SMBH. I've had some good experiences with doing that - got "The Bootleg Broadway Show" out there, and very early (Chris Morris-less) episodes of "Up Yer News". Be polite, be interested, and you never know what might happen.

Mobbd

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 31, 2024, 07:25:51 PMAgree with SMBH. I've had some good experiences with doing that - got "The Bootleg Broadway Show" out there, and very early (Chris Morris-less) episodes of "Up Yer News". Be polite, be interested, and you never know what might happen.

Good advice. I'll keep the room posted.

Vodkafone

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobbd on April 05, 2024, 12:22:03 PMLooking for a radio documentary (a comedy travellogue, I think) called Meanwhile in Glasgow with Armando Iannucci and Arnold Brown. I think Armando produced it as well as Co-starred.

Try asking on https://www.temples.me.uk/harry/read.php I've had some luck on there before asking for rare radio stuff.

Mobbd

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 01, 2024, 04:00:19 PMTry asking on https://www.temples.me.uk/harry/read.php I've had some luck on there before asking for rare radio stuff.

Nice one. I've left a message.

Frank Wank

Is it possible to watch The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, in this, the digital age?

EggsLikeABird

Could anyone help me finding these:

Offensive - The Real Derek & Clive (2002) that Channel 4 produced.

and

"It was Alright in the 70s/80s/90s" that was on Channel 4 a few years ago.

Thanks lads.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Frank Wank on June 02, 2024, 09:49:01 PMIs it possible to watch The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, in this, the digital age?

Yes.

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on June 06, 2024, 03:00:25 AMCould anyone help me finding these:

Offensive - The Real Derek & Clive (2002) that Channel 4 produced.

Yes.

Quoteand "It was Alright in the 70s/80s/90s" that was on Channel 4 a few years ago.

Thanks lads.

No.

(To the yes's, I'll send you a link when I've uploaded them somewhere in the next hour or so).

Edit: Have sent the links out now, and as always if anyone else wants them just send me a pm.

Mobbd

John Hodgman: Ragnarok (2013)

It was a Netflix special that I don't believe is on Netflix anymore.

I can't find a way to buy it commercially, I don't see it on YouTube and there's no functioning torrent on PB.*

*Peanut Butter. I'm talking about Peanut Butter. I open the jar. Nothing.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mobbd on June 21, 2024, 01:02:07 PMJohn Hodgman: Ragnarok (2013)

I can't find a way to buy it commercially, I don't see it on YouTube and there's no functioning torrent on PB.*

It does appear to be missing from mostly places, but I managed to find it on this Russian streaming site: https://ok.ru/video/3700680690231

lebowskibukowski

Sure i've probably asked on here before, but does anyone know a site where I might find old episodes of The Frank Skinner Show from ITV? Series 4, Episode 3 with Max Bygraves is the exact one I am searching for. Have trawled the net but am having absolutely bugger all luck.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Mobbd on June 21, 2024, 01:02:07 PMJohn Hodgman: Ragnarok (2013)

Sent you a PM.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on June 21, 2024, 03:11:23 PMSure i've probably asked on here before, but does anyone know a site where I might find old episodes of The Frank Skinner Show from ITV? Series 4, Episode 3 with Max Bygraves is the exact one I am searching for. Have trawled the net but am having absolutely bugger all luck.

Not sure I've ever seen those on my travels, best I can do is a best-of VHS called The Unseen Frank Skinner Show.

Mobbd

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 21, 2024, 02:53:52 PMIt does appear to be missing from mostly places, but I managed to find it on this Russian streaming site: https://ok.ru/video/3700680690231

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 21, 2024, 03:12:26 PMSent you a PM.

You are both beautiful. I kiss you.

funstuie

Long shot but does anyone have anywhere online that's got Billy Connolly's world tour of Scotland available?
I've searched everywhere and it's ther than dvds on eBay it doesn't seem to be streaming anywhere.

Magnum Valentino

Terry Torpid

Anyone know where I can buy the Monty Python's Flying Circus Blu-ray Boxset (Region B)? Everywhere I look it's either sold out or crazy money. I know I could just pirate the whole thing, but it's something I'd actually like to own. Apparently there's a big ugly box that ended up getting damaged all the time, but there's also a more normal set of packaging. It can be hard to tell from the crappy product images what's what.

I gather the company that released it went bust, so it must be quite rare. But I also heard it didn't sell very well so you'd think it would be cheap. What's the best price?

Tags: