Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 08:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 02, 2020, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDreamIsOver

Fantastic, thanks! Think i'm only familiar with Abby and Tom - will check out the rest.

Famous Mortimer

Hayley Sproull was the host of the NZ version of "Have You Been Paying Attention?" and, while I like her presenting stuff, I've got no idea how she'll be in an environment like this. Looking forward to the series, though.

Frank Wank

Been watching the most recent series of Bast I Test, and it's a real dud. Not sure what's gone wrong there, other than the inexplicable decision to make a long show even longer.

itf

Quote from: Frank Wank on June 18, 2024, 10:35:33 AMBeen watching the most recent series of Bast I Test, and it's a real dud. Not sure what's gone wrong there, other than the inexplicable decision to make a long show even longer.

They moved to a channel with adverts so I guess rather than being an hour, it's 90 mins with ad breaks so a bit longer.

Their recent loser or losers special proves Alex Horne right that this is basically not a great idea.

Famous Mortimer

We're up to episode 6 of Taskmaster Australia, and it's been really good so far. Lloyd as the butt of the jokes has been a good dynamic, and Anne just giving up really easily or being incredibly stupid is an impressive tightrope to navigate.

One thing I've really enjoyed is how in probably episode 1, Tom made it clear he hated Wil's sketch ideas, and we've been treated to one a show since then, Tom giving all of them one point. "Gruen" and "Question Everything" are presumably doing well enough that he doesn't care, and it's a funny bit. Well, not the sketches, they're usually rubbish.

I hope they've been on the phone with Tony Martin or Glenn Robbins about the elder statesman slot in a future series.

13 schoolyards

Yeah, it was definitely the first episode where Tom said something like "I can see why you've never done a sketch show" (because I've only seen the first episode of this season).

Sketch comedy is extremely stone cold motherless dead in Australia so it's not like Wil's missing out on any career opportunities - his stand up does very well and the ABC will keep throwing hosting gigs his way until a few years after he dies anyway

boinkboink

Quote from: Frank Wank on June 18, 2024, 10:35:33 AMBeen watching the most recent series of Bast I Test, and it's a real dud. Not sure what's gone wrong there, other than the inexplicable decision to make a long show even longer.

Funny, I've been doing the same lately, and I'm mostly of the opposite opinion. They finally got rid of the changing guest contestants, and the episodes as a whole feel more balanced and closer to the original. Also the group chemisty works and displays how the show should have five regular contestants, not four.

David Sundin has always been a highlight of the show, but his persona takes a more nuanced and menacing turn here, which I welcome. I agree that 65 minutes is a bit long but as a Friday night comfort watch I think the show works just fine. I eagerly wait for the next season coming up in autumn.

Tags: