Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

escape from new york

Started by madhair60, March 27, 2024, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

just watched this thought it was really good

The Culture Bunker

It is good, but I kind of think of it as the not-quite-as-talented sibling of 'Big Trouble in Little China', which is my second favourite Carpenter film.

Blumf

If you liked Escape from New York, you'll loooooove Escape from LA!

Mister Six

Never really "got" Escape from New York. Tons of atmosphere, some fun setpieces, great details and premise, but it never really comes together into much of anything for me.

checkoutgirl

Can I shock you? I like Escape From LA.

Lee Van Cleef. Isaac Hayes. Harry Stanton. Don Pleasance. Ernest Borgnine. Kurt Russell. That elf lookin fella. Adrienne Barbeau's babs. What a cast.

bgmnts

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 27, 2024, 08:56:47 PMCan I shock you? I like Escape From LA.

Lee Van Cleef. Isaac Hayes. Harry Stanton. Don Pleasance. Ernest Borgnine. Kurt Russell. That elf lookin fella. Adrienne Barbeau's babs. What a cast.

Rum?

dontpaintyourteeth

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

I've not seen this film - look, if they're disembodied and floating like hollys head in red Dwarf I'll wind my neck in right now

BlodwynPig

The Warriors

What was the movie with a gang stand-off in New York and there is a drummer playing a wicked beat close by?

druss

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 27, 2024, 09:30:06 PMOh my goodness me.
Please never comment on someone's physical attractiveness again. I am very hurt by what you have done.

shoulders

bgmnts

Quote from: druss on March 27, 2024, 10:45:47 PMPlease never comment on someone's physical attractiveness again. I am very hurt by what you have done.

I don't quite think that's what the issue was there.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Kurt Russell's lovely little arsehole

madhair60

thanks for fucking up a promising thread with discussion of a major character's enormous, jiggling breasts.

Mister Six

Ok I might watch the sequel now.

Sebastian Cobb

I think the worst part about that Escape from LA post is that it fails to mention the fact that Pam Grier is also in the film.

PlanktonSideburns

if i was in a film and someone credited my diembodied cock with being in it, rather than all of my body, i would not consider that a comment on my physical attractivness. i would be also worried that my disembodied penis would end up getting its own imdb page

apologies to madhairs good thread, will get fucked now

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2024, 09:49:26 AMI think the worst part about that Escape from LA post is that it fails to mention the fact that Pam Grier is also in the film.

Whoever wrote it mentioned Escape from LA and then proceeded to list the cast of Escape from New York. Which is confusing, saying the least. LA also has AJ Langer (steady) who was in My So Called Life and she subsequently married into some sort of viscount or something. A bit like what happened to Christopher Guest.