Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee vs The Man Wulf

Started by TheDevilPuppet, March 26, 2024, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
New tour:

Stewart Lee is to announce a new tour – apparently trying to take on the 'punching down' comedians at their own game.

According to the blurb for Stewart Lee Vs The Man Wulf, the comic 'is in danger of being left behind. He's approaching 60 with debilitating health conditions, his TV profile has diminished, and his once Bafta-award-winning style of stand-up seems obsolete in the face of a wave of callous Netflix-endorsed comedy of anger, monetising the denigration of minorities for millions of dollars.

'But can Lee unleash his inner Man-Wulf to position himself alongside comedy legends like Dave Chappelle, Ricky Gervais and Jordan Peterson at the forefront of side-splitting stadium-stuffing shit-posting?'

To capitalise on this trend, Lee will share his stage with a tough-talking werewolf comedian from the dark forests of North America who hates humanity.

'The Man-Wulf lays down a ferocious comedy challenge to the culturally irrelevant and physically enfeebled Lee,' the blurb adds. 'Can the beast inside us all be silenced with the silver bullet of Lee's unprecedentedly critically acclaimed style of stand-up?,'

Lee will launch the tour with a residency at the Leicester Square Theatre in London, running from December 3 to January 17. Tickets go on sale on Thursday.

Regional dates in 2025 include the following – although many more will be added later.

January 19:  Southampton Mayflower Theatre
January 24-26 Birmingham Symphony Hall
February 3-8: Oxford Playhouse
February 10: Canterbury Marlowe Theatre
February 19: Salford The Lowry
April 1-2: Sheffield, Lyceum Theatre
May 6-7:  Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
May 8-10: Leeds Playhouse

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2024/03/26/55244/

After the gags he makes about dropping dead onstage, this is probably the closest to it being a reality - He'll sweat his fucking balls off standing there in a werewolf costume.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

king_tubby

Tiggles

madhair60

i am excited to watch stewart lee perform stand up comedy

sevendaughters

I hope the Man Wulf isn't a half-baked idea like Baconface. Presume not.

13 schoolyards

Pretty sure not all those dates are during a full moon, which might be a problem

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: 13 schoolyards on March 26, 2024, 11:42:33 AMPretty sure not all those dates are during a full moon, which might be a problem
Don't spoil the magical illusion

lauraxsynthesis

That description suggests he's in genuine danger of death on stage and I don't want to see that.

Hacker T Dog has let himself go

Mobbd

Hell yeah. Can't wait.

Quote from: sevendaughters on March 26, 2024, 11:33:10 AMI hope the Man Wulf isn't a half-baked idea like Baconface. Presume not.

It won't be, it's a proper show that will become his main project for a couple of years.

But there is an edge of bacon to the character by the sounds of it.

Anyway, Baconface was good.

markpaterson

Excited for this. Any possibility he will do something at the fringe this year? Either a last hurrah for Basic Lee or warm ups for Man Wulf?

And on the subject of Basic Lee, has this show been recorded in any official way yet? It would be a damn shame if it turns out to be his only tour not memorialized on video. Or even audio. Perhaps Go Faster Stripe will have an MP3 to purchase at some point? I was lucky enough to see it at Leicester Square in December but I'd love to own it.

madhair60

i think it has been recorded for Sky. i hope so as i found it funny and enjoyable

non capisco

Richard Herring vs The Man Corr

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on March 26, 2024, 09:02:44 AMStewart Lee is to announce a new tour – apparently trying to take on the 'punching down' comedians at their own game.

Is this the same guy as the vicious bully who punched down on powerless Christians protesting about Jerry Springer: The Opera by calling them "divs"?

Woe unto you, scribes and Stewilees, hypocrites!

Cold Meat Platter

Stewart Lee vs. women and girls, more like.

Ferris

mojo filters

Quote from: Maureen Brontë on April 01, 2024, 12:41:06 AMIs this the same guy as the vicious bully who punched down on powerless Christians protesting about Jerry Springer: The Opera by calling them "divs"?

Woe unto you, scribes and Stewilees, hypocrites!

I'm pretty sure he cut to the chase and simply called them cunts, "divs" kinda sounds like some dumb insult them type of crazy religious zealots would use themselves.

What about you Ms Brontë, your post appears to come from camp cunt itself, or are you merely cunt-adjacent?

markburgle

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on March 26, 2024, 09:02:44 AMAfter the gags he makes about dropping dead onstage, this is probably the closest to it being a reality - He'll sweat his fucking balls off standing there in a werewolf costume.

I understood it to mean the wolf was being played by someone else, and he talks back to it. I do really want to hear Lee do a parody of a punching-down comic though

gilbertharding

mojo filters

PaulTMA

Wonder what that comedy song parody impression man will make of this (from the pedal bin)

Quote from: Mobbd on March 28, 2024, 02:46:37 PMAnyway, Baconface was good.

I stumbled across these a few days ago and have been enjoying them quite a bit: https://www.mixcloud.com/discover/baconface/

Quote from: mojo filters on April 03, 2024, 02:20:07 PMI'm pretty sure he cut to the chase and simply called them cunts, "divs" kinda sounds like some dumb insult them type of crazy religious zealots would use themselves.

What about you Ms Brontë, your post appears to come from camp cunt itself, or are you merely cunt-adjacent?

Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient - Cookdandbombd Ephesians 5:4

I thought it would be obvious that I was just being silly by substituting Stewilees for Pharisees to amuse S Lee who occasionally reads his notices.

Lee describes them as divs here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9EUe8jNr6o&t=219s

You should be less sure of yourself.

Mister Six

People, you can't joke in here - this is Comedy Chat!