Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,809
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

best and worst smells(no typical scatalogical choices please)

Started by yokel, January 19, 2012, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janie Jones

Quote from: Replies From View on February 05, 2012, 11:45:04 AM

Are they called "flesh tunnels" in real life, then?  I mean in the shops or whatever.

My daughter has them, she calls them 'stretchers'.  She has to come to my house to take them out and clean them because her housemate has banned her from doing it in their house,  the smell is so bad.  I can confirm it resembles what you would smell if you pulled a dead dog from a sewer and its colon exploded. 

Hank Venture

If it's anything like the smell that forms behind your ear when you've neglected to clean behind there, it smells like vomit.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 05, 2012, 02:56:46 PM
My daughter has them, she calls them 'stretchers'.  She has to come to my house to take them out and clean them because her housemate has banned her from doing it in their house,  the smell is so bad.  I can confirm it resembles what you would smell if you pulled a dead dog from a sewer and its colon exploded.

That explains why a mate of mine always smells so fucking unpleasant. A bit like really rank, un-washed hair...Fuck knows what happens when he take's the fuckers out (Why do people want massive holes in their earlobes anyway? Perverts).

Replies From View

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 05, 2012, 02:56:46 PM
I can confirm it resembles what you would smell if you pulled a dead dog from a sewer and its colon exploded.

In a way I'm wondering whether the exploding colon would make the dead dog from the sewer smell worse but that sure does seem bad.

Are these people warned about the potential stench before they have the things inserted?  Is it the kind of thing where people who have flesh tunnels are oblivious to the smell because they're next to it all the time?  From what you've said about the guy in the van rubbing it and smelling his finger, it would appear that they actually like the smell of their own ones.  Like those fart engineers you sometimes get.

Being able to see right up his nose is quite... bleurgh.

Mr Eggs

^ Fucking hell. I was eating cheese on toast when I scrolled onto that.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Oh god, I've thought of an awful one - has anyone here coughed up a tonsil stone? They're little yellow balls similar to kidney stones that grow in your throat from food bacteria; they look like Crunchy Nut clusters, only I'm fairly certain Kellogg's haven't got someone in R&D trying to perfect a cereal that smells like a bowl of earwax, shit and vomit.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Mr Eggs on February 05, 2012, 08:14:46 PM
^ Fucking hell. I was eating cheese on toast when I scrolled onto that.

Was it Swiss cheese?!?

SetToStun

Quote from: Kishi the Bad Lampshade on February 06, 2012, 01:47:40 AM
Oh god, I've thought of an awful one - has anyone here coughed up a tonsil stone? They're little yellow balls similar to kidney stones that grow in your throat from food bacteria; they look like Crunchy Nut clusters, only I'm fairly certain Kellogg's haven't got someone in R&D trying to perfect a cereal that smells like a bowl of earwax, shit and vomit.

Christ on a bike - are they called "tonsil stones" then? I suffered from them from the age of about eight to sixteen - absolutely fucking horrendous, and probably even worse for anyone you were talking to at the time. I honestly thought I was alone in hawking those things up - I feel for your suffereing, I really do.

Number Wang

Everyone I know that had flesh tunnels called them that, although I was sure da kidz had a different term for them nowerdays.  I'm proud to say that I've managed to remove those people from my life in the 8 to 10 years since those anecdotes took place.

I have another contribution to this thread. Not so much a unique smell that nobody has mentioned, more of a situation. i.e. I find it absolutely repulsive when you walk through a cloud of somebody's bad breath. Like the other day at work two people were chatting in the corridor, i walked inbetween them and immediately felt like I wanted to puke up my own pelvis bone. I swear some people are proud of their halitosis and want as many other people to sample it as possible.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Quote from: SetToStun on February 06, 2012, 02:39:33 PM
Christ on a bike - are they called "tonsil stones" then? I suffered from them from the age of about eight to sixteen - absolutely fucking horrendous, and probably even worse for anyone you were talking to at the time. I honestly thought I was alone in hawking those things up - I feel for your suffereing, I really do.

I've only ever had one of them, and would probably have been convinced I had lung cancer or something had I not coincidentally read about them a few days beforehand (you can also call them 'tonsilloliths' if you want to sound more impressive and intimidating while you're hacking up little cheese footballs of goo). One of nature's pettier abominations.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Heaven knows why I opened this thread in the middle of eating ice cream

FUCK SAKE

Small Man Big Horse

Ice cream? In this weather? Ah, you crazy northerners, I'll never really understand you.

Exciting (and slightly disturbing) news for fans of smells.    Smell-vertising is coming to the UK courtesy of the celebrated potato-mutilators McCains.  In order to promote their new Ready Baked Jackets (presumably a product for people too lazy even to bake their own baked potatoes?):

"Ten bus stops are to be fitted with 3D, fibreglass jacket potatoes which give off heat and the aroma of a spud cooking in the oven."

Glasgow:
Renfrew Street
West George Street

London:
New Oxford Street
Tottenham court road

Manchester:
Deansgate
Corporation Street

Nottingham:
Milton Street
King Street

York:
Blossom Street
Rougier Street

http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2012/02/07/mccain-pumps-smell-jacket-potatoes-bus-shelters-new-outdoor-campaign

Frankly, I don't want to be assailed by the smell of assorted consumer products as I walk down the street....where will it all end?

Replies From View

Isn't there a manufactured bread smell or something that various fast food places pump out onto pavements to draw people in?  Or is that a bit of a myth?

I love that the 3D-ness of the fibreglass jacket potatoes is being tooted.  I hope it's so 3D that there's barely enough room left to wait for a bus.

GOOD: Freshly plastered walls in a new room
GOOD: A cheeky huff in of petrol from a lawnmower rag

BAD: Spilled milk in a car, ten days on
BAD: Crusty vomit after you regain your senses

Replies From View

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2012, 11:04:32 AM
Presumably this falls under "good" until then?

It makes cutting the grass more of a pleasure than a chore.

Necrophagism

Best: Petrol.

Worst: Opening a dead fridge. Melted butter as well. A hefty sniff of said butter will no doubt bring on a retch!