Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,803
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Elvis a surname?

Started by Icehaven, February 05, 2012, 08:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

A regular customer at my work's surname is Elvis. She's quite casual about it and it doesn't seem to be a result of some mad fandom activity, so is it actually a fairly regular surname?

jutl

Quote from: icehaven on February 05, 2012, 08:49:19 AM
A regular customer at my work's surname is Elvis. She's quite casual about it and it doesn't seem to be a result of some mad fandom activity, so is it actually a fairly regular surname?

There were 96 of them in the UK in 2002, making it the 33,994th most common surname at that point.
source: http://www.taliesin-arlein.net/names/search.php

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on February 05, 2012, 08:49:19 AM

A regular surname for a regular customer.

I don't know, sorry.

BlodwynPig

There were 23 people with the surname Rape, HA HA!

And 6 with the surname Rambo...295 with Jesus (more than Winner = 238 and Barrymore = 30, combined)

156 Goths, 11 Grubs, 54 Maggotts

Replies From View

Once, when I was working somewhere, my office received a job application from someone whose first name was Godsend.

The office laughed for quite a time and the poor guy's application was chucked in the bin at the end of the day after being passed around and accruing scribbles.  "We're not interviewing someone called 'Godsend'," I was told.

That is all.

Dead kate moss

Only 483 people share my surname, I'm super rare.

There are 23 Poos. And 20 Coopermans.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 05, 2012, 11:57:59 AM
And just the solitary Cunt

"You'll never guess what that means in English-speaking countries!"

biggytitbo

There were quite a lot of Hitlers at one time, but they all changed their names for some reason.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 05, 2012, 11:57:59 AM
And just the solitary Cunt

Ah, you made that up. 13 Fannies, though.

Never heard of Elvis as a surname before but there is a place called Elvis Voe in the Shetlands (translates from Norse as Elvis Bay) and sometimes people do charity walks and cycles from there to Presley Farm near Forres on the mainland, so (with a bit of artistic licence) you can walk/cycle from Elvis to Presley.

http://www.elvisnews.com/news.aspx/elvis-presley-walk-raises-funds/8394

Treguard of Dunshelm

2626 Dicks, but I've only met one of them.

67 Bastards (met one of those as well). Nearly 300,000 with my surname, but it is one of the most common in the country.

Don_Preston

Never mind as surname, but is Cridlington, as in Elvis Cridlington who was the firefighter with a penchant for sausages in hit kids show Fireman Sam, a real surname?

There are 3850 Cliffs. All of them are going on a summer holiday with:
6 Losers
43 Kitcats
184 Boners
and 120 Creameggs

Depressed Beyond Tables

Donald Shityopance was a famous playwright.