Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

yeah Strauss is such a bighead, he can't just be a spokesman for MacMillan or some shit

Thursday

Quote from: Cuellar on June 29, 2023, 06:02:57 PMStokes to run so far down the wicket to Head he's mankadded at the non strikers end

No I don't know how that would work but he'll find a way

Harry Brook attempts to innovate an entirely new shot, played by lying face down on the wicket and swinging the bat with his feet.

shoulders

Quote from: druss on June 29, 2023, 05:36:09 PMAtherton hits the nail on the head, should have just let them wear themselves out for an hour and then smash the fuck out of them later. No spinner so they'd be crocked soon if they had to do this for an innings.

Anyone in the world who wasn't a child or on real drugs could see that. It's not even like runs were difficult to come by.

Possibly the easiest chance to put on 500 since 2010/11 and may well have fucked it.

badaids

Quote from: Thursday on June 29, 2023, 06:06:13 PMSomeone needs to punch Brook in his stupid grinning face.

He looks like the son of Billy the puppet in Saw.

Cuellar

Quote from: badaids on June 29, 2023, 06:04:04 PMObviously Strauss' wife dying of cancer is a tragedy and the charity is a noble endeavour, but does anyone else find this red for Ruth thing for the cricket a bit much?

Strauss isn't even associated with the ECB any more, it's shameless Tory nepotism that he is allowed to activate his network and hijack a days cricket and get free advertising for his charity.

Why can't they let other other charities have a day once per summer? I dunno like the RNLI or summit?

More likely - Coming soon Day 2 of the Ashes test at the Kia Oval sponsored by The Victims Of Imploding Submarine Benevolent Fund.

Careful what you wish for - it'll end up like baseball and you'll get an Armed Forces Day, with both teams wearing camouflage kits and interviews with war criminals at tea (although what's new eh)

Cuellar

Cor you can have Tongue and Head here.

Can Zaltzman confirm that this is the sauciest ashes test?

badaids

Just seen the wicket replays - pure profligate idiocy.

What will it take for the Sky commentators to ever not describe the day's play as some variation of fascinating.

shoulders

badaids

Quote from: Cuellar on June 29, 2023, 06:08:18 PMCareful what you wish for - it'll end up like baseball and you'll get an Armed Forces Day, with both teams wearing camouflage kits and interviews with war criminals at tea (although what's new eh)

I'm not wishing for a charity day, but if there is one isn't shouldn't always be Strauss's ego trip that's all.

But I'd quite like to see what you're describing there at least once: Simon Weston gets to hit the Argentinan Skyhawks pilot who launched the missile at the Galahad for six or something.

shoulders

Brook hasn't realised just how much he could destroy world cricket if he really set about it.

Has done brilliantly overall but his approach makes bizarre dismissals, runouts and brainfarts more likely. Rarely gets out from bowling plans via conventional deliveries which suggests awesome talent.

He's playing the game very slightly too quickly to do justice to this level of talent. When you see him bat on a day like today you think 100. What's better, 70 of 70 or 100 off 130. Think i know that one.

shoulders

Clawed it back but the fact we're more likely to be out for 400 than 500 (what we need) means that has to go down as an even day's play. Spurned a massive opportunity to grind those bastards into the dirt. Got to keep them down, do not let them have a sniff of anything.

The fact we will still probably lose a game where they fucked their premiere spinner on Day 2 and were 185-1 is really a sad story of what a clown operation this one is.