Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Quote from: shoulders on June 27, 2022, 03:04:53 PMWhat an unbelievably boring turd Root is as an interviewee.

'Let's see what he does moving forward'

Jesus.

CARE HOME

iamcoop

Harry Brook in the squad for the India test. Crawley arrested for possession of images deemed "so disturbing they defy categorisation" according to sources within the met.

gilbertharding

gilbertharding

Shows what we know about cricket. All the mither about who is going to open the batting. Openers are for your Dad's cricket, man.

iamcoop

PowerButchi

EOLAN

Thursday

Oh Vaughan's off again. Guess they're both worried about the racism they forgave being a big deal again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61975267

shoulders

EOLAN

Quote from: shoulders on June 29, 2022, 08:08:01 AMOuch yeah, 4 runs...

At least that was a full competitive game. Spent Sunday getting intermittently rained on in the cold with a 12 over game that was rarely in doubt.

The large Indian expat crowd were quite appreciative to Ireland as well. Could be a strong basis for Cricket Ireland to get more young people from the community involved in the game here.

shoulders

Swepson taking some wickets for Australia. Looks like Sri Lanka are still well off the boil despite selecting on paper among their strongest sides.

shoulders

Overton dropped so that leaves Billings then the tail from 7 downwards. That could go spectacularly badly.

Why not get Bairstow to keep for 1 test, play an extra batter, and get Stokes to bowl a few more overs and bat at 7.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: shoulders on June 30, 2022, 01:42:16 PMOverton dropped so that leaves Billings then the tail from 7 downwards. That could go spectacularly badly.

Why not get Bairstow to keep for 1 test, play an extra batter, and get Stokes to bowl a few more overs and bat at 7.

Yeah, Harry Brook averages 4 million in FC this year and has once again been dragged around the country then left out at the last moment in favour of a man who has only played one game of red ball cricket (unless sitting on the Headingley balcony on Monday counts, which in the official record it apparently does, him having earned a test cap for it) this year and has an inferior career record.

England have been brilliant in the actual matches so should probably get the benefit of the doubt but still a lot to get frustrated about off the field.

Not many players would be dropped after scoring 97, but Overton was mainly in the side to bowl and he did that pretty craply, so fair's fair.

shoulders

Brilliant and awful at times.

We were set high targets to win all 3 matches and spent a lot of the series behind in the game, we were bowled out for fuck all in the first test and our bowlers won that one.

2nd test was the most impressive but NZ were a bowler short making the chase significantly easier.

3rd test NZ selection was utterly bizarre and their heads went from Overton's innings onwards. Which again was digging us out of a hole having been behind in the game. In fact so far behind that size partnership had literally never happened before in test cricket for England.

So if we need to keep breaking all time records to win tests and waiting for the opposition to make a mistake, that's a gameplan but a strange one.

Still, we are at home and home advantage still counts for a lot.

Inspector Norse

Well there are always plenty of dodgy moments and they were just a slip placement away from getting skittled for 75 in both innings at Headingley but the plan has come off so far so we need to stay POSITIVE

Until Bumrah and Shami bowl us out for 8 inside an hour tomorrow.

iamcoop

All things going to plan my daughter is being born tonight/tomorrow morning so fingers crossed the first time I hold her in my arms will be to the soothing sounds of a complete and total FUCKDOWN that sees us 43/6.

imitationleather

king_tubby

gilbertharding

iamcoop

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 30, 2022, 04:05:47 PMGood luck @iamcoop . Just don't take her anywhere near Zak Crawley.

Cheers.

(She's not going anywhere near the test side until we win the test championship for at least 30 years in a row).

Crenners

All the best @iamcoop! Hope your missus and daughter sail through it and Kohli electrocute himself on your kid's birthday so you will have an eternal memento of the joy of sport. X

shoulders

Congratulations iamcoop!

Tbf fuck this bunch of cunts off and look into your childs eyes, tell them not once will you ever risk them exposed to such rampant, unabashed paedery.

poo

All the best iamcoop! Fingers crossed for a cracking delivery! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥲🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏🏏

Inspector Norse

Quote from: iamcoop on June 30, 2022, 02:25:23 PMAll things going to plan my daughter is being born tonight/tomorrow morning so fingers crossed the first time I hold her in my arms will be to the soothing sounds of a complete and total FUCKDOWN that sees us 43/6.

Hope you have better luck listening than me, it's the usual shitshow with regard to the TMS overseas link.

Cuellar

Thursday