Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Liverpool Meet? Yes please!

Started by explodingvinyl, March 16, 2008, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

The Meshuggy night thing is every other Friday in the Barfly bar, I think.  I went to the first one and it was okay, bit quiet though.  Reckon it'll be a lot better now they've been going a month or two.

Le Bateau's not too bad these days, the Fridays aren't particularly amazing though.  Not been to HeebieJeebies since the second refit they did.  It was quite nice when it got reopened the first time, though.  Felt like a secret club or something, watching bands in that basement.

And because the old Brookside set is in West Derby and is closed to the public.  That's why not.

dr beat

So hows things going with this then? Seems like the plan at the mo is to meet on the 12th round about 6.30ish, then go drinking until...whenever.  Which, as far as I'm concerned, is a good plan (I think when it comes to matters of drinking it's best to keep the plans simple).

Artemis

Like Peter Jones at the sound of projected profits that don't seem to add up, I'm out.

I'm going to propose a London meet towards the end of April sometime though.

explodingvinyl

BALLS MATT! BALLS! Just cos you've gone and got yourself a fancy-arse job in London doesn't make you special! You can't just go picking us up and pitting us down when you feel like it.

I'm still up for this, even if it is less of a 'meet' more of a few people on the piss.

I'd definitely go if it were mostly scouse.  Not that I'm racist or anything.

P.S. No Blacks, no dogs, no Irish.

dr beat

I was wondering whether, if people are still up for this, whether it might be worth organising via the Facebook group? Just a suggestion mind, and I'm also conscious not everyone might be on Facebook...

no_offenc

If it's going to go ahead then maybe we should take a vote on where to meet etc etc.

Artemis

I'm up north in Manchester on 19th (Saturday). If it was that weekend, I could go without any issues, except accommodation, but since I've already booked train tickets I'd just sleep rough somewhere probably. Why change the habit of a lifetime? (I'm not and never have been homeless, and that last remark just refers to the occasional place that hasn't been terribly pleasant to stay in, but known only to me, which means it fails as a piece of humour, and I should really go back and edit it but I can't be bothered which is crazy really because typing this is already more bother than simply holding down delete).

This has not been helpful to anyone on any level, and I apologise unreservedly.

no_offenc

So are you coming or not?  If you are then bring Mitch Jackson Jr, he sounds like the life and soul of the motherfuckin' party.

Artemis

Quote from: no_offenc on April 05, 2008, 04:44:27 PM
So are you coming or not?  If you are then bring Mitch Jackson Jr, he sounds like the life and soul of the motherfuckin' party.

Heh, no I'm not. Not if it's on 12th. I'm up north on 19th. Have fun though. I demand photos and at least one incident of sexual harassment.

no_offenc

Well Goldentony will be in attendance so it'll surely be eventful for some poor bastard or other.

Goldentony

YOU, it'll be eventful for YOU

no_offenc

Only if me hiding in a toilet, phoning the police and hoping they turn up before you find and kill me counts as "eventful".

Fry

Quote from: no_offenc on April 05, 2008, 07:49:29 PM
Only if me hiding in a toilet, phoning the police and hoping they turn up before you find and kill me counts as "eventful".
In what world would it not?

no_offenc

The Star Trek "mirror universe", I would expect.

Go With The Flow

Is this April 12th then or what? I need to know so I can book the evening off work.

no_offenc

I assume so, though it's probably best to wait for EV to give the word really.

dr beat

QuoteIs this April 12th then or what? I need to know so I can book the evening off work.

I'm still keen for this - I'm over in Manc the day before to see Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings and would love to crown the weekend with a day/night in the 'Pool.

no_offenc

I get the feeling it's been usurped by the London meet and the thought of a Fringe meet, but prove me wrong!

explodingvinyl

Are people still up for this? Sorry, I've been away for the weekend. It's a bit shit for me to be organising it really as I'm in work til 12ish.

dr beat

I'm still good, but it would be handy for me to know whether or not this is actually a go-er before tomorrow afternoon if poss, as from then on I'll be offline for the weekend...

no_offenc

It may be a better idea to reschedule perhaps?  Or not.  Seems like it's died a death.

dr beat

QuoteIt may be a better idea to reschedule perhaps?  Or not.  Seems like it's died a death.

Yeah I thought so too, just checking really.

Garam

Re-shedule! Otherwise I'll miss it, cause I have to be in Leeds.

dr beat

I might be round that way again in a couple of weeks (26th) if thats any good. edit: Liverpool, that is.

no_offenc

If it's not any bother then can we re-arrange this for a later date?  Possibly the 19th (so we can drag Arsemis along) or the 26th or even FURTHER into the future!

explodingvinyl

yes please. I'd like that a lot. How many Bank Holidays are there in May?

no_offenc

Two - MayDay (first Monday in May) and errrr, Whit?  Is it?  The last Monday in May as well.  I won't be around for that'n though, I'll be in Cornwall sunning it up.

boki

no_offenc

Baaahahahahahaha.  Good work.

Pictures of the very limited meet to follow.