Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Claire Scott off of Grange Hill’s even crazier daughter

Started by jamiefairlie, January 17, 2024, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

ahhh grange hill series 5 john, you forgot about that didnt you hey, the famous series 5

Zero Gravitas

A picture rail, with picture rail hooks in use!?

Absolutely demented.

If you have a build of house that would necessitate this, just live without art.

prelektric

But.. the character Claire, a girl hitting puberty and all that entails, just had a fantasy about her teacher!

Christ, I had some fantasies about one of my teachers too. Mr Wilson in Biology.

It's a hard time for teenagers, all those hormones sloshing around, and it was right for the programme to deal with it in a sensitive, non-sensational way.

Somehow you've linked it to that story? - how?

Norton Canes

Quote from: jobotic on January 17, 2024, 05:48:25 PMWhat the fuck is going on with the tenses in that article?

Don't start me on documentaries that refer to historical figures and events in the present tense

Goldentony

whats going on with documentaries that refer to historical figures in the present tense then hey lads

touchingcloth

Not as fun as that story about secret dark room dildo sex. 1/5.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: prelektric on January 18, 2024, 05:50:20 PMBut.. the character Claire, a girl hitting puberty and all that entails, just had a fantasy about her teacher!

Christ, I had some fantasies about one of my teachers too. Mr Wilson in Biology.

It's a hard time for teenagers, all those hormones sloshing around, and it was right for the programme to deal with it in a sensitive, non-sensational way.

Somehow you've linked it to that story? - how?

Did you watch it? It wasn't just embarrassing, she made up stories of statutory rape that were taken seriously and caused serious repercussions. It's not hard to see the similar outline in the two stories even if the scale is massively different.

Mind you the King doesn't have a septic arse either so maybe better to just stick to literal titles from now on.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think this girl might be a bit of a dickhead. Controversial opinion, I know.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Goldentony on January 18, 2024, 05:53:16 PMwhats going on with documentaries that refer to historical figures in the present tense then hey lads

I blame football pundits with their tense mangling shenanigans, it's poisoned the well

touchingcloth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 17, 2024, 05:37:25 PMWhy would anyone do this?

If you'd ever been to Preston, you'd have an inkling. If you'd ever been to Barrow-in-Furness, you'd have even more of an idea. If you'd ever been from Preston to Barrow-in-Furnace in the same day, you'd do the same. You'd do the same.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 18, 2024, 05:57:49 PMI think this girl might be a bit of a dickhead. Controversial opinion, I know.

One shared by Stewpot as he binned her for the exceptionally annoying Annette Firman, who was in the year below! Can you imagine.

prelektric

Quote from: jamiefairlie on January 18, 2024, 05:57:29 PMDid you watch it? It wasn't just embarrassing, she made up stories of statutory rape that were taken seriously and caused serious repercussions. It's not hard to see the similar outline in the two stories even if the scale is massively different.

Of course I watched it. I also remember that GH storyline when it was repeated back in the 90's on BBC2 on Sunday mornings. Do you remember the resolution to that particular story?

"the scale is massively different"

That's the problem. Can't you see? You're conflating the actions of a 13/14 year old hormonal girl that had a massive crush on their teacher and created a fantasy (in a children's television programme, I might add) with someone with genuine mental health problems who went on to cause enormous damage.

They are not comparable at all.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder what other news stories can be loosely related to Grange Hill.

Most of it is up on itvx, not sure if you need premium though. It does get a bit sameish after Series 15.

prelektric

It's hilarious that we're still talking about Grange Hill, when it has nothing to do with the linked news story at all!

Perhaps we need a Grange Hill thread somewhere.

shiftwork2

imitationleather

canadagoose

If she's not a massive narcissist then I'm the Pope. Creepy as fuck.

prelektric

shiftwork2

Danny Kendall the misunderstood graffiti loose cannon there, dead in the back of Bronson's car.  They had silent credits for that which of course led my mum to start fiddling with the 'set'.  Some people have no respect for school mavericks.

prelektric

The most shocking moment I'd ever witnessed in anything to that point. I loved Danny.

...unfortunately I'm pissing myself laughing at the fact that what was supposed to be a serious thread has taken this turn (but the OP only has himself to blame) - perhaps we should decamp over to the new thread that Fambo created.

shiftwork2

Danny Kendall was the working class Banksy.  You can see why he had to be eliminated.

prelektric

Yes, he was. I wonder if squeaky clean boring middle class Ant Jones was the one who was into the "street art" things might have been different. But then of course - Bronson had it in for both of them...

shiftwork2

Ant Jones was one of those prancing prannets who would have been better off in a mollycoddling private school with a nominated matron to wipe his little bum, not a character-forming comprehensive melting pot such as Grange Hill.  He probably posts here these days.

Do you remember Ant Jones asking Bronson how many eggs a Frenchman eats for breakfast? The answer was one "because one is un oeuf", with the last two words being pronounced to sound like "enough".

shiftwork2

I don't like to hear about Ant Jones's successes but I have to hand it to him there.  Been using 'one oeuf' for several decades now.

jobotic

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 18, 2024, 05:52:09 PMDon't start me on documentaries that refer to historical figures and events in the present tense

So Norton Canes, he goes and says don't start me on documentaries that refer to historical figures and events in the present tense.

pepperweasel

I like the title of this thread and feel it's appropriate for the subject matter