Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

James Acaster - Hecklers Welcome tour

Started by Tiggles, March 24, 2023, 11:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

He seems to not realise that the story is about James Acaster basically calling him a prick

Clive Dogshit

To be fair that is a really good impression though.

Twilkes

Quote from: phantom_power on September 27, 2023, 09:18:24 AMHe seems to not realise that the story is about James Acaster basically calling him a prick

Sounded like a comedian on the back foot due to a decent heckle.

And yeah parts of that impression would pass for Acaster no problem. Maybe because James Acaster generally does an impression of James Acaster on stage.

phantom_power

Quote from: Twilkes on September 27, 2023, 09:33:27 AMSounded like a comedian on the back foot due to a decent heckle.

Is that a decent heckle? Stepping on his joke to show off your impression?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: phantom_power on September 27, 2023, 09:48:28 AMIs that a decent heckle? Stepping on his joke to show off your impression?
Did you not listen to the YouTube man?  "Everyone in the crowd lost it." Everyone.

Twilkes

Quote from: phantom_power on September 27, 2023, 09:48:28 AMIs that a decent heckle? Stepping on his joke to show off your impression?

If the audience loved it and the comedian got a bit uncomfortable then it's a decent heckle.

The fact he's self-reporting it on YouTube is a different matter. :)

Saw him do this last night in Liverpool.  It was very good and (testament to the shows theme) he was much more relaxed compared to the couple of times I saw him on the Cold Lasagne tour.

I'm happy that the handful of heckles were in the second half and one in particular seemed perfectly timed as it led to a great story about his birthday last month.

no_offenc

Seeing him tonight in Liverpool. With a suspected fractured rib. Am I in for pain?

Icehaven