Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greg Proops no longer The Smartest Man in the World

Started by cosmic-hearse, January 12, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Bernie Sanders really was to LA/New York comedians what Corbyn was to British comedians. Exposed them as not actually wanting any change from the left and being extremely comfortable with the status quo. Just want their politicians to make some vague polite gestures toward a few progressive ideals, and maybe they'll say something like "I want my taxes to go up actually." but that's about as far as it goes.

It's a shame with Proops, because despite the persona, it felt genuine when he had a common refrain about people having to choose between rent and food.

Schlippy

Smeg poops.

Used to love the Proopcast, there was a quarter hour improv at the very start of one of the episodes (Beards, from May 2012) that absolutely blew me away, this stream of consciousness blathering that went spiralling off in dozens of directions before circling back round and tying the whole thing neatly together, all in response to a three word question (or three poorly formed short sentences, if you will).

Seeing that guy turn in to the vapid shitlib we have today is like watching someone come down with Alzheimers or something, there's literally nothing left of the person they used to be. Think the rot started when he began ditching riffs because Jennifer didn't like them (the Gwyneth Paltrow stuff springs to mind), then incorporating his dreary scold of a wife into the show while developing an insanely blinkered boner for Hillary.

The Kittens McTavish stuff did me in, didn't listen for years then tuned in during lockdown only to hear him screeching about "the shouting man from Vermont". Can only imagine what kind of dogshit he's serving up these days.