Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thanks CaB: comedy you love that this site turned you onto

Started by madhair60, January 18, 2024, 07:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Limmy
Always Sunny...
Chart Music Podcast

And the hilarious 'New Page' CaB meme.

madhair60

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on January 19, 2024, 02:54:39 PMDocumental definitely. Never in a million years would I have got into that without CaB.

same, huge laughs

chrispmartha

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 19, 2024, 12:37:08 AMThe 1994 Castletown Donkey Derby

This.

Also as an aside the Derek threads are some of the best bits of content on the internet.

Small Man Big Horse

Christ, I could be here for hours if I wrote about all the comedy I've discovered due to CaB, but Adult Swim, PFFR, Nathan For You, Review With Forrest MacNeil, Arrested Development and Delocated are the ones that spring instantly to mind. Plus an absolute sod load of stand up as well, I think in many ways I'd be a very different person if it wasn't for this site.

All Surrogate

Eraseya

PFFR's stuff got me hooked, same with Bellamy's People and Brian Pern – forum recommendations are gold. Absolutely and Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle were total finds thanks to this place.

I can never remember whether CAB recommended Trailer Park Boys to me back when torrents were first popping off or I found CAB because I was searching online for TPB info.

One I can certainly say was because other posters were praising him so highly was Joe Pera.

Chart Music Podcast for sure.

I've never watched "Derek" and will certainly never do so, but I positively revel in the ongoing hatred. I feed upon the loathing. I am nourished by the universal disgust.

AllisonSays

Ray Travez

Quote from: dazed_and_bemused on January 19, 2024, 08:33:42 PMI've never watched "Derek" and will certainly never do so, but I positively revel in the ongoing hatred. I feed upon the loathing. I am nourished by the universal disgust.

I have also never watched "Derek" nor will I, but I too am delighted by the contempt in which Gervais and much of his oeuvre is held.

g0m

that live show where the guy dressed as spike from buffy and summarised all of buffy while jumping about on stage and playing with props. so thanks for that one

Brundle-Fly

If I can leave one comedy legacy to CaB*?  It would be introducing its millennial contingent to Little & Large

*And reintroducing ageing Gen-X peers/cunts to Syd'N' Eddeh's charms?

Retinend

Everything, really. Before coming here aged 17 I only really knew Monty Python, The Office, The Fast Show, Brass Eye and Spaced.

The highlights of stuff I definitely wouldn't have discovered without CaB are

Maria Bamford
PFFR (Xavier Renegade Angel and Wonder Showzen)
Jon Glaser (Loves Gear and Delocated)
Tim Heidecker (Awesome Show, Check it Out and On Cinema)
Nathan Fielder (Nathan For You)
Limmy ('s Show, 's webcam, Twitch)

C_Larence

Nirvanna The Band The Show

I remember seeing it mentioned a few times and thinking the name sounded stupid, but people were enthusing about it so I checked it out and it's now my favourite show of all time.

Pretty much the same story with Documental.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: g0m on January 19, 2024, 10:01:32 PMthat live show where the guy dressed as spike from buffy and summarised all of buffy while jumping about on stage and playing with props. so thanks for that one

Haha, that's the worst piece of comedy ever made according to a friend, if I ever  needed to make her angry all I'd need to do was mention his name.

Glebe

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on January 19, 2024, 11:54:15 PMIf I can leave one comedy legacy to CaB*?  It would be introducing its millennial contingent to Little & Large

*And reintroducing ageing Gen-X peers/cunts to Syd'N' Eddeh's charms?

Never forget.

L&L thread is due a bump actually!

frajer

Quote from: C_Larence on January 29, 2024, 06:12:06 PMNirvanna The Band The Show

I remember seeing it mentioned a few times and thinking the name sounded stupid, but people were enthusing about it so I checked it out and it's now my favourite show of all time.

That's mine too, I was confused by the name and dismissed it out of hand. Foolish frajer.

As you say it was people's passion here that made me look up what it even was.

Frank Wank

Documental has a funny name and therefore an intriguing thread title. Thanks C&B

The F Bomb

As someone who started many of the threads mentioned here, I am touched. Thank you in return for giving this old tastemaker a warm glow.

Icehaven

Absolutely loads, particularly the various series I steamed through during lockdown, like Crazy Ex-Girlfried, Community, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Parks and Rec and loads of others. Party Down was probably the first though, and that was at least 10 years ago. Either that or Delocated, can't remember now.
It's also the other way round for me as comedy turned me on to CaB when I read an interview with Adam Buxton and he mentioned it, damn you Buxton! *shakes fist*.

The Lurker

famethrowa

Brian Pern definitely. A parody of Genesis made by the Fast Show people? Made for me. Due to geographical situations I would have never seen it otherwise.

Also due to the same geography, we never got OFAH down here, which is strange because we were soaked with UK shows in the 70s and 80s. Thanks to CaB for showing me this ludicrous franchise, and maybe the funniest moment of all, old fella taking a tumble at the awards night.

"Comedy".

non capisco

I mean....pretty much everything I guess. I am culturally nothing without youse lot. Even in its most scabrous years the reputation you sometimes still hear of CaB being "that site where they hate everything" never resembled the truth.

Shaun Micallef certainly springs to mind as an early example of someone I discovered through CaB and loved. I still regularly go back to the below for a quick cheer up.