Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matinee arrived yet, Fawlty?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 02, 2024, 08:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on February 07, 2024, 03:16:32 PMFirst peek....

Reckon it's weird being the bloke playing Basil Fawlty Towers when John Cleese is around?

"And I really am so very, truly Fawlty"

George White

I can't believe more of us aren't freaking out at reggae superstar Paul Nicholas playing the major.
Esp. @Ballad of Ballard Berkley
Not enough PCYs on here.

Fambo Number Mive

dr beat

Couldn't be further away on all counts.

Mobius

why do they all shout FAWLTY TOWERS at the end. that's not a thing.

non capisco

There desperately needs to be some kind of moratorium on people saying "iconic". So fucking weary of hearing that word. Its relentless use as a descriptor in mainstream popular culture seems like a kind of giving up. There can be nothing that's both good and new any more. The well is finally dry and we must always look to the past. Everything is "iconic" now. The iconic Willy Wonka. The iconic red buses. The iconic your dad's withered dick.

Also Basil is too handsome in that.

non capisco

Quote from: George White on February 07, 2024, 08:36:27 PMI can't believe more of us aren't freaking out at reggae superstar Paul Nicholas playing the major.
Not enough PCYs on here.

Not sure I want to hear the Major's opinion on "reggae like it used to be", tbh.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: George White on February 07, 2024, 08:36:27 PMI can't believe more of us aren't freaking out at reggae superstar Paul Nicholas playing the major.
Not enough PCYs on here.

Here's hoping he performs his hit waxing Dancing with the Major in the show.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: non capisco on February 08, 2024, 12:01:42 AMThere desperately needs to be some kind of moratorium on people saying "iconic". So fucking weary of hearing that word. Its relentless use as a descriptor in mainstream popular culture seems like a kind of giving up. There can be nothing that's both good and new any more. The well is finally dry and we must always look to the past. Everything is "iconic" now. The iconic Willy Wonka. The iconic red buses. The iconic your dad's withered dick.

Come off it. Iconic is a national treasure.

Quote from: Mobius on February 07, 2024, 11:50:19 PMwhy do they all shout FAWLTY TOWERS at the end. that's not a thing.

Yes it is. At the end of every episode, the principal cast would all assemble, shout "FAWLTY TOWERS!" before bowing and the credits would roll.

Of course, those scenes have sadly been cut from home media and repeats due to woke.

idunnosomename

Incredible how most of that promo is just saying how brilliant John Cleese is