Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lies of P

Started by Timothy, June 10, 2023, 07:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimboslice

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 10, 2024, 12:20:07 AMI know that all sounds a bit negative, probably just game fatigue after spending all this time going through the Souls games and ending with (arguably) one of the hardest Soulslikes. I look forward to a nice break once I'm done. Maybe I'll spend some time with my family, who knows.

"My unquenchable thirst for soulsbornes is surely slaked now"

I think I'm definitely getting Lies of P, I just know that as soon as I fork out for it it's going to be a "free game of the month" on PS+ though. How does it tie in to the difficulty level of all the other Soulsbornes then? Sekiro top, Bloodborne next maybe?

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: jimboslice on February 12, 2024, 10:32:28 AMI think I'm definitely getting Lies of P, I just know that as soon as I fork out for it it's going to be a "free game of the month" on PS+ though. How does it tie in to the difficulty level of all the other Soulsbornes then? Sekiro top, Bloodborne next maybe?

It probably depends on how experienced you are with other Soulslikes (Sekiro and Bloodborne especially). Lies of P only took me around 20 hours in total, so it can't have been too much of a challenge in hindsight, although it felt impossibly hard at times. Its difficulty comes almost entirely from bosses, the levels are considerably easier than any of the Soulsborne games.

I don't know how to go about ranking the Soulsborne games for difficulty, so much of it is dependent on your own experience. I struggled the most with a fair few sections of DS2, but it seems wrong to call that the hardest since its bosses are largely trivial and a lot of the difficulty comes from an annoying abundance of enemy and level design.

I fully agree with the sentiment that Sekiro is the hardest to learn, but the easiest to master. Elden Ring's endgame is tough if you don't use summons or cheese strats. If you include the Chalice Dungeons, Bloodborne is probably up there. They all have their moments.

I'd recommend Lies of P overall, I had fun with it.