Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Quote from: phantom_power on January 04, 2019, 10:53:53 AM
I think people dislike Milner because he was a bit useless for a couple of years and yet still got in the England team. That isn't really his fault though. He did epitomise the meat and potatoes nature of England at the time though

I feel pretty neutral about him now but your first sentence is spot on. He falls under 'Golden Generation' in my brain, which also struggles to differentiate him from Jamie Carragher. Baffled that he is younger than me, it feels like he should be knocking on 40 by now. Once again, none of this is his fault.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good club player but was basically used as a toilet brush by England.

Like a lot of versatile players he has been unfortunate to have that gift, you just end up plugging whatever gap.

JamesTC

Will forever be in Milner's debt for spending a season at LB in order to keep Moreno out the team.

He'll now be playing RB when Trent isn't fit what with Clyne going to Bournemouth.

king_tubby

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 04, 2019, 05:23:28 PM
Good club player but was basically used as a toilet brush by England.

Like a lot of versatile players he has been unfortunate to have that gift, you just end up plugging whatever gap.

D/M/F R/L/C

A real life Nicolas Alexandersson.

phes

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 04, 2019, 10:21:08 AM
Haven't noticed him being overly cunty, albeit being cunty is standard behaviour for a centre forward.

In the Saints game when things weren't going their way last week he ran over to a saints player and just straight up hacked them. He's a great player but he's definitely a cunt

https://youtu.be/sEe0cb2CIc4
https://youtu.be/Uqm9TQK8s6A

BlodwynPig

4-0 down, christ. Our last 2 meetings have been 4-0 to the spurs but this could be a lot worse

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on January 04, 2019, 09:42:47 PM
Tottenham's biggest ever away win there.

Fuck off. Hope your purple patch turns black very very soon

Utter Shit

Bit of a piss take bringing Kane on at 6-0. Ended the game with five youth team players on though, which was great.

The Culture Bunker

I had hoped, talking of youth players, Mason Greenwood what get a run-out for United tomorrow against Reading. But it seems there's enough fluff left over from previous managers that need a kick-around.

DrGreggles

Not sure those responsible for choosing this weekend's live FA Cup matches made the wisest decisions.

Man U (reserves) v Reading
Wolves (reserves) v Liverpool (reserves)

The others are Premier League (reserve) teams at lower league teams, which are generally over as a contest after an hour at best.

At least it's NFL Wild Card weekend!

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 04, 2019, 11:06:12 PM
Not sure those responsible for choosing this weekend's live FA Cup matches made the wisest decisions.

Man U (reserves) v Reading
Wolves (reserves) v Liverpool (reserves)

The others are Premier League (reserve) teams at lower league teams, which are generally over as a contest after an hour at best.

At least it's NFL Wild Card weekend!
I can imagine it'll be a lot of Reading reserves too, as they need to save the first XI for their relegation scrap.

I suppose you could argue United second string will still have seven or eight full internationals! Decent crowd expected at Old Trafford too - not heard anything or many spares about.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 04, 2019, 09:49:45 PM
Fuck off. Hope your purple patch turns black very very soon

Remind me why you hate the BBC again.

Ferris

Has 'Arry struck again? I'd be interested to see if his dealings made an impact on the 2017/18 season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46765090

I'm a Villa fan so I think this is hilarious, but at the same time as a fan of a poorly run club I hope they don't go under because I know how shit and miserable it is. I'm torn!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Maurice Yeatman on January 05, 2019, 01:44:42 AM
Remind me why you hate the BBC again.

Thanks, i'd only just placed this in a dark recess of my mind

They put 6 past Everton though, so small comfort

Norton Canes

More VAR madness, at Old Trafford and Turf Moor.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That was a pitiful attempt to play offside by the Reading CB. League two sluggishness. They had been making a decent game of it but the second half will be a write off. Cheers mate.

monolith

Who's on the gear then? Reckon it's a United player as apparently there's been a troubled dressing room all year.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monolith on January 05, 2019, 01:43:47 PM
Who's on the gear then? Reckon it's a United player as apparently there's been a troubled dressing room all year.

[source] ?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: monolith on January 05, 2019, 01:43:47 PM
From what I hear (through not exactly reputable sources) you're sort of half right.

The Culture Bunker

Meanwhile, I had a chuckle at this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/05/brahim-diaz-real-madrid-manchester-city-transfer-news

Would be funny if United tried to buy him and argued that they're actually based in Trafford, and City try to make a counter-argument.

ersatz99

Enjoyed the Dean Smith bounce while it lasted.

Ferris

Quote from: ersatz99 on January 05, 2019, 04:40:18 PM
Enjoyed the Dean Smith bounce while it lasted.

I didn't. Villa going on a decent run of form only guarantees they will be awful later on, and I'm so busy dreading that, I don't enjoy the wins when they happen.

Norton Canes

FA Cup 4th round, welcome to AFC Wimbledon!

(and fuck you, Ched Evans)

Crabwalk

Ipswich haven't won a single FA Cup match since Gordon Brown was Prime Minister.

Still, we're 10 points from safety in the league, so at least we'll only have to wait til November for our next attempt.

By the way, of the 2,869 people in attendance at our 0-1 defeat to Accrington today, 1,224 were Town fans. 500 mile round trip. Christ, they deserve a hell of a lot better.

jobotic

Got to be the first time Gillingham have led Match of the Day.

Maurice Yeatman

Blinder Data

Genuinely impressed by Warnock's media management. Get papped out of the cup in embarrassing fashion, so manufacture a grievance using colourful language that involves several parties. Mourinhoesque

jobotic

I always like to see Premier league teams get knocked out but then we won't be heroes of the moment anymore.

bgmnts

Newport County vs Leicester City today.

I'd of course like Newport to win, despite Newport being a real life Mos Eisley cantina. They did really well last year though so I think their FA Cup fortune has been spent for the next 50 years