Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Atomic Heart [split topic]

Started by Jim_MacLaine, February 21, 2023, 05:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_MacLaine

Atomic Heart comes to gamepass today. Bioshock comparisons have been made but it looks more of an outright fps to me.

Nice aesthetic though.

bgmnts

80gb mind so it's either going to be graphically intense or huge.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 21, 2023, 05:32:51 AMAtomic Heart comes to gamepass today. Bioshock comparisons have been made but it looks more of an outright fps to me.

Nice aesthetic though.

Yeah, looks like my kind of game, that. Surprised there isn't a thread on it. Might give it a go and start one myself.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on January 27, 2023, 10:22:37 AMAlready bored with Hi-Fi. Think these gimmick games just don't hit me right.

It's mid

Thursday

I liked it, but people instantly jumping to "10/10 GOTY" is  very strange and off-putting. Like the platforming and traversal isn't very good. That's a bit of a problem when you probably end up spending more time doing that then the actual rhythm fights.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: bgmnts on February 21, 2023, 10:12:24 AM80gb mind so it's either going to be graphically intense or huge.

Are you talking about pc because I downloaded it this morning for XBone and it's taking up 42gb.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 21, 2023, 02:10:26 PMAre you talking about pc because I downloaded it this morning for XBone and it's taking up 42gb.

I'm downloading it from this morning and it's taking up just over 79gb.

Blue Jam

Quote from: bgmnts on February 21, 2023, 10:12:24 AM80gb mind so it's either going to be graphically intense or huge.

Doesnae matter when you've got an Xbone and you can play in THE CLOUD. 80Gb makes it just over twice the size of Deathloop though, let's hope it plays as smoothly. I imagine the servers will be dead busy right now, which isn't good for a single-player game.

Russian developer, hmmmm. Is buying this wrong? Is playing this on Game Pass slightly less wrong? Are both of these things still less wrong than paying for that Harry Potter game?

Mister Six

All I know about this is that weirdos are very excited about the fetishy gynoids, and there's some hoo-hah about buying from a Russian developer with question marks over its funding while Russia is invading Ukraine.

As usual, I'll probably forget all about it and maybe pick it up super cheap in about five years. Unless, somehow, the war is still on.

Zero Gravitas

Jim_MacLaine

Playing the opening it's very Bioshock Infinite. There's also a nod to the original Bioshock.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 21, 2023, 04:01:39 PMRussian developer, hmmmm. Is buying this wrong?

Nah! Also I have Xbone but cant be arsed with cloud gaming, dont think i'd have the internet for it. It's downloaded now so excited to see what's up with it. I'm intrigued to see a Russian version of Bioshock.

Zero Gravitas

None of those are going to catch on because none of them have the crucial element of humour or vicarious cruelty, Yulia Tymoshenko owning the halo braid is passingly funny though, if you push the sexualization of the chrome Yulias as a deliberate slight that'd be a goer.

Egyptian Feast

This will only be of relevance to followers of the Glinner thread but there's an ad for this on my xBox home page and the main character reminds me of Wet Ass Ferguson's heavily photoshopped avatar every time I see it.

bgmnts

So it was 77gb and now there's 65gb update... what?

Haven't even gotten to play it yet.

Jim_MacLaine

Are you playing it on a series x because on my bog standard xbone it's still 42gb and the update was 20gb?

Might bin it if Mundfish are indeed found to be dodgy.

I've already found some odd revisionism in the (Bioshock-esque) recordings you can find about treating Stalin's prisoners like human beings.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 21, 2023, 10:23:30 PMAre you playing it on a series x because on my bog standard xbone it's still 42gb and the update was 20gb?

Might bin it if Mundfish are indeed found to be dodgy.

I've already found some odd revisionism in the (Bioshock-esque) recordings you can find about treating Stalin's prisoners like human beings.

Series S optimised so yeah just all that extra goodness I suppose.

Blue Jam

Jeez, this is very on rails isn't it? Binning it off may be an easy choice.

Mobius

yeah looks a bit shit to be honest

bgmnts

Oh ffs people it hasn't even fully downloaded it yet.

I don't care how shit this is, it's getting played for a few hours after this.

bgmnts

Yeah quick uninstall fucksake.

Remember when iconic video game characters would let you control them and they didn't talk? I miss those days.

Mobius

PlanktonSideburns

Shit on a shingle!

Crispy fuckin'... where's the shit-ass way out of here?!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mobius on February 22, 2023, 04:08:29 AMalso apparently you get raped by a fridge?

Oh Christ, the horny robot weapons upgrade thing is so painfully unfunny. And with the frequent reminders to visit it as well... arrrgghh fuck off.

Yeah, sacking this off.

Jim_MacLaine

I haven't even got to that bit yet. Started yesterday, got beat by old laser eyes and turned it off as the melee seemed a bit clunky.

The banter with 'Charles' got tired almost immediately.

Will give it another go as I like the aesthetic.

Blue Jam

It looks great alright, but what's the point of making a game look so nice when you can't have a good wander round at your leisure? And you keep getting pulled out of the action because your glove wants to have a poorly-scripted chat?

This is an immersive single-player sci-fi survival horror influenced by Bioshock, Prey, Alien: Isolation... on paper it sounds like my kind of game but I've just found it so boring.

Jim_MacLaine

Apparently it gets more open world in the second half when you make it to the surface but I've got PREY lined up so may give that a go instead.

Blue Jam

The second half? So, about ten hours in? Fuck that.

Enjoy Prey, it's great. Has a little bit of that Soviet aesthetic too.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on February 22, 2023, 09:27:53 AMApparently it gets more open world in the second half when you make it to the surface but I've got PREY lined up so may give that a go instead.

please post about it in the Prey thread, I loved Prey and would like to hear more