Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sega Mega Drive appreciation thread (no SNES pricks)

Started by madhair60, February 27, 2023, 02:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

yeah, I got one of the last batch. It hasn't arrived yet but they're shipping out I believe. :)

My collection is now pretty formidable if I say so myself:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CGrX9nofXcTRlVdq6_cY_xJ2HSaA6Syi/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=117320908937539464030&rtpof=true&sd=true

RetroRobot

Fucking love MD, collecting its games is way less shit than stupid SNES prices

madhair60

Quote from: RetroRobot on June 18, 2023, 12:45:57 AMFucking love MD, collecting its games is way less shit than stupid SNES prices

and the prices have actually gone down quite a bit recently for some reason, like a full third less broadly speaking

Replies From View

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on June 17, 2023, 08:18:36 PMand i know that one is sonic 2 not sonic 3 before anyone tries to do that tedious oneupmanship thing that always happens on here

ONCE YOU GET USED TO HIM, HE'S GREAT - HE'S AN ALLY AND NOT AN ENEMY.  IT'S AMAZINGLY CLEVER HOW THEY'VE DONE THIS, TO CREATE A SECOND CHARACTER WHICH FOLLOWS YOU AROUND.

Kankurette

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on June 17, 2023, 08:17:38 PMdoes anyone else get well emotional at the sky chase zone music
Yes, it's a breath of fresh air after the absolute hell that is the Metropolis Zone. And before the Wing Fortress Zone, which is even bloody worse. One level, but a long level and if you've got all the emeralds, you have to be very careful where you go super because Super Sonic is a bugger to control and it's so easy to fall to your death. There's one particularly nasty bit involving collapsing platforms where you have to time your jumps just right.

Pink Gregory

this nintendo is super and all but this drive mate, it's mega

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Replies From View on June 18, 2023, 12:56:13 PMONCE YOU GET USED TO HIM, HE'S GREAT - HE'S AN ALLY AND NOT AN ENEMY.  IT'S AMAZINGLY CLEVER HOW THEY'VE DONE THIS, TO CREATE A SECOND CHARACTER WHICH FOLLOWS YOU AROUND.

ye

Mr Banlon

Fatal Rewind Was annoyingly fucking hard
Road Rash Was the shit. The music pissed me off though. Some of it reminded me of the weird middle eight from Blondie's 'Atomic'
I thought Flashback was the best thing ever when it came out. Looks proper shit now

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Whenever I want a musical challenge, I try and learn something from the dynamite headdy soundtrack: always something really clever and knotty going on

Kankurette

Speaking of Sonic, I've completed S3&K with Tails and Knuckles, despite Knuckles being a nightmare to play with because the cunt can't jump properly (which makes Hydrocity torture because you have to rely on the depth charges to get a hit in), but I think Doomsday is beyond me. Those bloody asteroids always get in my way and I know how to get the heat-seeking missiles to hit the ship, but again, they always hit me and knock me back.

I'm so glad there are sites telling you where all the giant rings are. Makes my life a lot easier. Some are easy to find but others are really squirrelled away (looking at you, Sandopolis).

dontpaintyourteeth

You have to use (the equivalent of) double-jump a lot on Doomsday