Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Life is Strange [split topic]

Started by Pink Gregory, April 24, 2023, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

genuine suggestion, have you played Life is Strange

Ferris

Ferris

It was a bit too meandering and try hard for us as a joint venture, and neither of us cared enough to finish the second one (well, I did eventually because I had the chapters downloaded and wanted to play them through before I deleted them forever.

First one was alright though? I don't remember much about it tbh.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ferris on April 24, 2023, 04:48:40 PMIt was a bit too meandering and try hard for us as a joint venture, and neither of us cared enough to finish the second one (well, I did eventually because I had the chapters downloaded and wanted to play them through before I deleted them forever.

First one was alright though? I don't remember much about it tbh.

First one was pretty good, Before the Storm (Chloe based prequel spinoff) however was incredible, I thought.  Like a refinement of the first game with a more interesting protagonist and a somewhat more down to earth plot.

Ferris

I wasn't as taken in by the second one, but I think playing it as disjointedly as I did wasn't the best way to go. Either do a chapter a night or the whole thing in one, not half of it then wait 6 months and finish it off.

Can't blame the game for that, really.

Pink Gregory

are you talking about LiS2 or Before the Storm?

Ferris

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 24, 2023, 05:20:02 PMare you talking about LiS2 or Before the Storm?

Couldn't tell you, I'd forgotten there was a direct sequel. I think it was Before the Storm because I remember the big ending.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ferris on April 25, 2023, 02:24:52 PMCouldn't tell you, I'd forgotten there was a direct sequel. I think it was Before the Storm because I remember the big ending.
That surprises me.  I found that ditching the time puzzles and the more supernatural stuff made me feel much more emotionally invested in BtS, especially as Chloe is a more difficult, volatile character than the fairly bland and wimpy Max.

But we absolutely powered through it so maybe that's the difference.  Perhaps having fewer chapters blunts the momentum if you take breaks. 

oggyraiding

The bit with the car bumper was ace, highlight of the game.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: oggyraiding on April 28, 2023, 08:42:30 AMThe bit with the car bumper was ace, highlight of the game.

hahahah yeah, forgot about that

Spoiler alert
I SHOT MYSELF!
[close]

Memorex MP3

True Colors is a lot better than any of the earlier games and has a pretty fun power dynamic; doesn't quite have the novelty and charming clumsiness of the first game but most everything else is much better.

Didn't actually finish Life is Strange 2 though, so it might pick up but it seemed to be the worst of the lot.