Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Games You Loved, but Will Never Play Again

Started by Pink Gregory, May 01, 2023, 07:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: seepage on May 02, 2023, 09:13:03 AMSlay the Spire - I think I exhausted all the possibilities so will probably not play it again unless I wake up having forgotten all about it 

I'm a bit obsessed with it, but I don't really get this. Every run offers different possibilities, and if nothing else the skill cap is very high.

brat-sampson

Things like The Witness or Outer Wilds where the game / experience was incredible, but it's so reliant on gaining knowledge that once you know it, going back can never feel the same.

The Crumb

The Witcher 3, which seemed brilliant in places at the time but I can't see myself ever wading through all the dull stuff again.

Roxy Robinson

Quote from: The Crumb on May 10, 2023, 07:17:08 PMThe Witcher 3, which seemed brilliant in places at the time but I can't see myself ever wading through all the dull stuff again.

I downloaded the PS5 'next-gen' patch and turned it off pretty quickly. I felt it was janky as fuck first time round but it only feels worse now. The combat is awful. The dialogue is decent but after a few quests, I remembered my previous feeling that no matter what you do, there's some downer element that makes your feel like you made a bad choice. That may well fit the tone and intent but it's unsatisfying to spend an hour investigating and listening to a load of chat and eventually killing something, only for the quest-giver to reveal that they've gleefully spread syphilis around the village.

I'm late to a lot of games and only played The Witcher 3 last year, was convinced it was one of the best games ever and loved the rich world and the feel of the game and enjoyed it a lot. Could happily have spent ages wandering around towns and visiting the cosy inns to chat to people and seeing what all the various arsehole occupants are up to.

oggyraiding

I tried replaying Witcher 3 because of the next-gen patch, and because I had never played the DLC, but once I'd done the starting area and spoken to the emperor, I realised I didn't fancy 70 hours of janky combat just to get to (what I have been told) some actual good story.

Kankurette

Cool Spot. I can never get past the second level.

elliszeroed

Fallout 4. Can't be bothered with all the base building shit.

falafel

Quote from: The Crumb on May 10, 2023, 07:17:08 PMThe Witcher 3, which seemed brilliant in places at the time but I can't see myself ever wading through all the dull stuff again.

I would never start it again for that reason, but there was so much left undone at the end of the game for me that I can easily dip in to my old save and find a few things to enjoy. That's quite lovely.