Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Valheim

Started by Beagle 2, May 06, 2023, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Anybody played this? I bought it because my brother is absolutely obsessed with it and seems to have played not much else since it first came on the scene. It's basically Minecraft but Vikings, with more structure and Dark Souls type bosses. It's probably a lot more than that as well but I'm only twelve hours in or something, I just beat the first boss.

I'm loving it so far, particularly being guided and having set goals but still feeling like you have genuine freedom.  Much less busywork then Minecraft.

It's clunky in terms of building and combat and I'm playing it on a Steam Deck and it really can't cope with it at all, runs like shite. Verified my cock. Not gonna stop playing it though.

Beagle 2

I'll try again one more time as this is on Game Pass and you should give it a whack.

After playing for another ten hours or so I take back my comment that it's less busywork than Minecraft, but it's nonetheless a fabulous game. I'm trying not to spoil things too much and let it unfold, so I'm sure I could be a lot further along by now, but I've had a good explore of the map and made a couple of camps, found the mountain biome (and immediately died - massive pain in the arse) and it's all just lovely and atmospheric and extremely addictive. No Tears of the Kingdom for me for a while.

To me it's just like they took Minecraft and made a better game. But, like Minecraft I need to stop wandering off and getting killed in stupid places and concentrate on upgrades and crafting back at camp for a while. Fucking boars though, I can never find enough of them. I can't wait to give the multiplayer a go.

Big fat blue blobby bastard: