Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No More Heroes [split topic]

Started by C_Larence, May 17, 2023, 12:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Larence

Been playing No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again in preparation for NMH:3

I played the first two games during lockdown but can't remember anything about them, except that they were fun. This one is fun too so far, although completely different gameplay wise. I'm glad there are people like Suda51 making games.

oggyraiding

I played a couple of hours of NMH3, the aesthetics and tone and writing and all that are really cool, as to be expected from Suda. But the gameplay structure is not so good, return to the weird empty open world that was the worst thing about NMH1.

Mister Six

Is it sad that I've been put off playing the games just because of this one scene?

I don't want to be that cunt.

C_Larence

Jesus Christ lol. Like I say, I've played that game semi-recently and have zero recollection of that scene! Somehow I can tell you what podcast I was listening to while I played though.

Pete23

Good to see Irish Jamaicans being represented in video games at last

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on May 17, 2023, 02:25:00 PMIs it sad that I've been put off playing the games just because of this one scene?

I don't want to be that cunt.

fwiw that's a really out of character thing for Travis to do based on the first and third games, in the second one the story was completely wrong (but, annoyingly, it's arguably the best one)

it is a reprehensible scene though

oggyraiding

Quote from: Pete23 on May 18, 2023, 12:13:59 PMGood to see Irish Jamaicans being represented in video games at last

The wiki says he's Scottish-American, to further confuse whatever accent is meant to be portrayed.

C_Larence

Finished Travis Strikes Back earlier today and starting NMH3 now. I love that the former exists, but there were times where it was a ball ache to play, and I have no idea what's going on in the story. I'm sure the point of the dialogue is to be inscrutable, but sometimes it literally doesn't make any sense.

C_Larence

Also just want to share the announcement trailer, from a 2019 Nintendo Direct, which is what made me pick up the series originally

Video Game Fan 2000

i enjoy these games way too much.

played III over christmas and it has actually satisfying, weighty combat and such that these games are "combat is good now" felt like another stupid joke. lol we wasted time making this game fun arent we mental

i really really wanted Killer is Dead to be brilliant but unfortunately its purest crap

C_Larence

I'd been struggling in fights with even the basic enemies, and spent hours stuck on the second boss (Gold Joe) before realising I'd accidentally selected Hard difficulty when I started the game. The only way to change it would be restarting and I can't be bothered to do everything again so I'm just going to have to get good.

I'm up to rank 7 now and finding it slightly easier. Annoyingly, the game randomly crashed after I selected one of the volunteer missions, and I hadn't saved for a while so I had to go through a slog of fights again.