Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite out of place or bad accents in videogames

Started by George White, May 20, 2023, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Playing Titanic- Adventure Out of Time, which features amidst all the terrible accents from various cast members, a cheeky sub-Boswell Scouse bellboy.
Any other  games you've played where you were taken aback by certain accents, for various reasons?

Pink Gregory

If you turn the V/O on in Beneath a Steel Sky, lots of chippy British accents which I wasn't expecting.

The delivery of "Oi!  You nicked me knackwurst!" sounds exactly like you'd imagine.

Also used to be pleasantly surprised that the first Ape Escape was all British accents, must be a bit of a rarity.

George White

Didn't Jason Isaacs v/o on Steel Sky?
Hello to Jason Isaacs.

The Crumb

Heavy Rain with its bizarre French attempts at American accents

George White

It also uses a few Rentayanks - Sam Douglas in it, who's been doing it since Death Wish 3, Highlander, the Dirty Dozen TVms, Burton's Batman...

samadriel

C_Larence

Have a look in the No More Heroes thread for a doozy

Cerys

Pierre in Tomb Raider Chronicles.  Never has a Frenchman saying 'never mind' sounded more like a hungover sixth-former attempting a Scottish accent.

George White

Also that has Sir Peter Goodwright hinself, Larne boy Harry Towb as the f**king Irish priest Fr. Bram.

oggyraiding

Quote from: C_Larence on May 20, 2023, 03:40:32 PMHave a look in the No More Heroes thread for a doozy

Very similar to right wing darling Sam Hyde's Irish accent he adopted for the boxing stuff.

RetroRobot

Princess Zelda in BotW and TotK. Canadian doing a fucking awful posh English voice.

Good games but Zelda with voice acting just feels wrong to me?

Glebe

Gotta mention Penguin's awful mockney in the Arkham series. Even the characters in the games take the piss out of it:

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Glebe on May 21, 2023, 06:15:20 PMGotta mention Penguin's awful mockney in the Arkham series. Even the characters in the games take the piss out of it:

was going to post this. abysmal.

Glebe

Mr Banlon

Video Game Fan 2000

Jim_MacLaine

Watch Dogs Legion has a jamboree bag of mis-matched voices.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Steven Merchant turning up in Portal 2 was quite a surprise.

The Crumb

The original Deus Ex had some pretty spectacular accents and voice acting in general. My friend and I used to love quoting the French nightclub manager's delivery of'Goood tiiiiiiime'.

Goldman from HOTD 2 maybe more of a bad attempt to emulate human speech than a particular accent.

Pink Gregory

Kingdom Under Fire : Heroes is a bizarre, Korean developed third person action/strategy game in which someone decided the generic dark elves are all French.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Pink Gregory on May 22, 2023, 04:34:12 PMKingdom Under Fire : Heroes is a bizarre, Korean developed third person action/strategy game in which someone decided the generic dark elves are all French.

jesus i remember this

NO ONE LIZVS FOREVZER

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on May 22, 2023, 07:51:50 PMjesus i remember this

NO ONE LIZVS FOREVZER

I own both of the Xbox releases and I have absolutely no idea why.