Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:00:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cities Skylines 2 - October 24th

Started by Gurke and Hare, June 13, 2023, 12:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Gameplay video

Now available for pre-order at £41.99 or £74.99 for the full game a bundle with some DLC. More of an issue is that it's currently advertised as Windows only with no Linux version. Tsk. I'd better be able to make things like this but a bit better looking.

Terence Bowl

Not a popular game round these parts then.
According to Steam I've put 1849.8 hours into the original CS but I doubt I'll be getting CS2 as it seems highly likely Paradox will stick with their usual scammy release strategy where that £42 gets you about 25% of the full game and the other 75% will be dribbled out as overpriced DLC over the next decade or so.
Yes you can play the game without DLC and mods but it's a limited barebones experience that soon gets boring. Without the huge amount of free asset and functional improvement mods available for CS I doubt I would have put more than 50 hours into it and I've noticed Paradox are now really pushing user made Content Creator Packs which are formally free asset mods that you now have to pay for (with Paradox likely taking a hefty cut). So I wouldn't be surprised if CS2 modding will be limited to functional improvements and bug fixes.

oggyraiding

Coming to Game Pass so I'll give it a try. A lot of strategy/sim games seem like cool concepts, but then I don't have much fun playing them. I don't have the creativity to try wacky stuff.

shoulders

Cities Skylines was big on here at one point so I'm sure some people will reply.

Terence Bowl

Quote from: shoulders on July 02, 2023, 09:38:49 PMCities Skylines was big on here at one point so I'm sure some people will reply.
All google turns up is a 3 page thead from 2015 that's mostly you and Zetetic and a 1 page thread from 2016 where half the posts are about Tropico.
Maybe someone could get Linehan to slag it off? That would turn this thread into a hundred pager in no time.