Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:50:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Amnesia: The Bunker

Started by BritishHobo, June 18, 2023, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

This fourth title in the Amnesia series came out last week, and is currently on Xbox Game Pass. I'm playing through Amnesia: Rebirth at the moment as it's also on Game Pass and I didn't get around to it before. It's much of a muchness - you wake up with no memory in a spooky place (in Rebirth it's spooky Algerian desert) and go deeper into the spooky place only to gradually discover that you're actually retracting your steps, and are heading directly towards the big spooky thing you were actually trying to run away from.

I do really enjoy these; even though the monster bits are scripted, they're effective at sort-of feeling like they're not, and you could stumble upon the hidden monster at any moment, with no way to fight back. I think that works a lot better, as it means you don't just get a few Game Over screens and then lose your fear to familiarity. The terror always does tail off a bit towards the end, but so far I'm still shitting my way through this one like the perpetually-terrified idiot I am.

Anyway Amnesia: The Bunker is about WWI or something, I've not got to it yet.